Barcelona defender Andreu Fontas has voiced his satisfaction with his recent contract extension and says he is determined to prove his worth at Camp Nou.
The 21-year-old signed a new deal on Monday which will tie him to the club until the summer of 2015, and he can hardly wait to attempt to secure a regular place in the Champions League holders' starting XI.
"I am very, very happy after renewing [my contract] for the Barca first team," Fontas told the club's official website.
"This extension shows that the club have trust in me, and now, more than ever, I have to show what I am worth. It gives me additional strength to work as hard as I can every day.
"I’m at the best team in the world and playing with the best players in the world, and I’m working hard. Little by little, the chances will come. I am living a dream that I hope never ends."
Fontas has made just one La Liga appearance in the 2011-12 campaign so far.