The Brazilian midfielder was examined by a Real Madrid club doctor in Recife this morning local time, and has apparently been deemed fit enough for a transfer.
The exact fee involved is not yet known, but it is rumoured to be in the region of €64.5m.
This will bring to an end a transfer saga that began several years ago as Real Madrid made it their mission to bring the world's biggest names to the Santiago Bernabeu.
However, the operation only truly clicked into gear over the last month as former president Florentino Perez returned to power in the Spanish capital.
- Early Morning (CET): AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi announces that he would personally like to keep Kaka, but circumstances have intervened.
- Mid Morning (CET): Italian press sources state that the transfer will be announced around midnight, European time.
- Early Afternoon (CET): Kaka is brought to the medical facility of the Brazilian national team in the city of Recife for a 9am medical.
- Mid Afternoon (CET): The Brazilian Football Federation confirm that Kaka has undergone medical checks with Real Madrid club staff.
- Early Evening (CET): Reports emerge stating that Kaka has passed his medical. Meanwhile the Brazilian press gears up to confirm the transfer.