The former Cameroon striker has represented the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter and Chelsea, winning three Champions League titles across his illustrious career as well as two Africa Cup of Nations tournaments.
The 34-year-old is currently under contract at Sampdoria, having joined the Serie A side in January, but the newly-promoted Turkish Super League club's chief Gultekin Gencer insists his deal in Italy will be terminated on Wednesday, allowing him to make the move.
"We have reached an agreement with Eto'o and his agent," he said. "We just need to work out some small details.
"The Sampdoria board have to terminate his contract first and they gave us confirmation that they will do so on Wednesday - then we can sign him."
Gencer also says negotiations with Brazil icon Ronaldinho, who currently plays for Queretaro in Mexico, will begin at the end of the week.
"We are opening talks with Ronaldinho," the president confirmed. "His brother, Roberto Assis, will be in Antalya on Thursday. Then we will start the negotiations on Friday."
As well as Ronaldinho and Eto'o, the president also confirmed earlier this week that the club are interested in Netherlands international Ibrahim Afellay, who is out of contract at Barcelona this summer.