The right-back's representative, who also happens to be his ex-wife, met with Barca officials on Wednesday to discuss a new deal for the Brazil defender and called a press conference on Thursday to clarify the current situation.
After reading a long list of his achievements as a player, Dinorah Santa Ana told reporters the 31-year-old had been offered only a one-year renewal by the Blaugrana, but said an unnamed club are prepared to hand him a lucrative new deal.
"We waited a whole year to talk to Barca," Santa Ana said. "We had two offers on the table, but we stopped all negotiations to listen to what Barca had to say."
She added: "There is another club willing to give Dani a three-year contract with a higher wage, plus the option of another year. But Barca told us they could not get near those figures.
"Dani would be happy to stay on the same wages he is on now, but they offered one year plus the option of two more. This morning, a formal offer arrived by e-mail, but it stipulated that he has to play 60 per cent of the games for it to be renewed the following year.
"Dani is sad. He expected more from Barca. The negotiations are finished now. He will finish his contract as best as he can."
Santa Ana was pressed on whether Alves could still stay at Barcelona and said: "We never know. I have already talked to other candidates ahead of the elections who don't agree with the current proposal from Barca."
The player's ex-wife also added that the pair would now study the two offers they have on the table - but claimed Paris Saint-Germain are not in the race for his signature.
""We do not have an offer from PSG, she said. "I cannot say the teams that have already made offers, but there are two of them."
Alves joined Barca from Sevilla in 2008 and has won 16 trophies at the Catalan club.