The Ivory Coast international has been frequently linked with a move to the club, which would seem him reunited with former Manchester City coach Roberto Mancini.
Earlier this week Inter's general director Marco Fassone said the player was too expensive for the club, but Zanetti remains hopeful of striking deal for the 31-year-old.
“He’s a world-class player,” Zanetti told Sky Sport Italia.
“We are talking about a great champion who Mancini knows well.
“We must respect certain parameters, but we will do everything possible to make him happy within those parameters.”
Inter have endured a miserable season and are in serious danger of missing out on European football next season after their winless run stretched to five games on Saturday.
Supporters showed their frustrations as the club slumped to a 1-1 draw at home to rock-bottom Parma on Saturday.
Fredy Guarin scored the opener, before Andi Lila equalised just before half-time and salvaged a point for the visitors.
After the game, Guarin said: “The fans are right. We have to take the criticism on board and get on with our jobs so that we can come through this bad spell.
"We must recognise that we're having a tough time of things and that we're responsible for it.
“[Getting into Europe is] a target for us but first and foremost we have to concentrate on playing as a team and winning every game.”
Inter sit ninth in Serie A, nine points adrift of fifth-placed Napoli who occupy Italy’s final Europa League place.