Russian side Rubin Kazan have been credited with an interest in Hercules striker David Trezeguet, just hours after they denied an approach for Brescia's Andrea Caracciolo.
The Italian striker's agent Andrea D'Amico told La Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday his client was thinking about an offer from Rubin, but the Russians have denied making a bid for the 29-year-old, as well as Genoa's Antonio Floro Flores.
A statement released by Rubin reads:
"Lately, various media have been publishing reports about the allegedly completed transfers of some players to Rubin. At first there was information about a contract signed with Genoa forward Floro Flores, who wasn’t even a transfer target for Rubin.
"The next piece of news in the media suggesting that the contract with Brescia forward Andrea Caracciolo would be signed in the near future, is also inaccurate. Yes, we were interested in Caracciolo, but at the moment Rubin has not conducted any negotiations with the player or with his club."
This has now led to a report in Tuttomercatoweb.com claiming Rubin are keen on Trezeguet, however, the 33-year-old Frenchman has most recently been linked with Napoli.
Last week, Antonio Caliendo, Trezeguet's agent, said that Napoli was his preferred destination.