Mesut Oezil's father has confirmed a deal between Real Madrid and Werder Bremen, according to Turkish newspaper Hurriyet.
Mustafa Oezil declared that his son will be playing at the Bernabeu either this season or next.
"We promised that if Bremen keep Mesut for now, next year year he will join a free," Mr. Oezil said.
He also confirmed a better offer was on the table for the Werder star from Inter but theydecided to reject the offer in favour of Los Blancos.
"Mesut and I stayed at the chalet of Florentino Perez in Madrid, he invited us there and everything was resolved quickly. We were impressed by his willingness to help my child play for his club," said Mustapha Oezil.
He continued to say that Werder are reluctant to let their big stars leave this year but "our word is sacred."
Marca revealed that the deal between to the two parties was made shortly after the Bundesliga club had given the green light on a move to Inter, as on offer of almost €30m had been tabled by the Italian giants.
"My son has always said that the only club he wanted to go to was Real Madrid."
Meanwhile, Werder Bremen general manager Klaus Allofs has tried to hasten a possible transfer along by urging any suitor to make their move by the middle of the week.
“The facts are pretty clear. If a club is looking to sign Mesut to play Champions League, then that club needs to make a decision before Wednesday. If Mesut Ozil is a player of Werder Bremen on Wednesday, we are going to play him against Sampdoria,” he told Deutsche Presseagentur.
“It would be up to Real Madrid to show up with the right answer to this all.”