News Live Scores

AC Milan have wanted Cerci for three years - Berlusconi

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi says the club have been monitoring Alessio Cerci for three years prior to his loan move this month.

Cerci completed a full training session with Milan for the first time on Saturday after passing his medical on Friday, having agreed to a loan as part of the deal which saw Fernando Torres head back to Atletico Madrid.

Berlusconi claims the 27-year-old has been a target for the best part of the last three seasons and says the Italy international has already made a sacrifice for his new club.

"We have a new arrival that really pleased me, because we had been tracking Cerci for three years," he told Milan Channel.

"He's finally here and has already promised me he'll shave off his beard ahead of the next game!"

The winger barely played in six months with Atletico, coming off the bench six times in La Liga, and wants to return to the type of form that saw him score 13 goals in 37 Serie A matches for Torino.

"It's taken a little longer but I'm now happy," Cerci told Milan's website after his medical.

The Italy international's first chance to make his Milan debut will be against Sassuolo at San Siro on Tuesday.
//