- Sampdoria Have Committed Suicide With Antonio Cassano Rescission - Claudio Pasqualin
- Sampdoria Ask For The Immediate Rescission Of Antonio Cassano's Contract
- Sampdoria Have Betrayed Antonio Cassano - Agent
- Antonio Cassano To Rescind Sampdoria Contract & Join Either Inter, Milan Or Juventus On A Free Deal
- Sampdoria Star Antonio Cassano Could Face Disciplinary Action After Skipping Event - Report
"I am sorry for what happened and have already apologised to president Garrone in front of my team-mates," he told Ansa ahead of the club's 1-0 success at Cesena, confirming he did indeed insult the club patron previously.
"I've read that this whole affair could be linked to the transfer market, but I repeat that as long as the possibility exists, I am firm in my intentions to remain with Sampdoria."
There are now a number of legal issues that have arisen, but Cassano refused to comment on thema nd what they could mean for his future.
"What happened does not take into account the particular moment between me and my wife, I wanted to be around as much as possible - there are reasons but I don't want to get into my private life," he explained.
"There are facts described by some papers with the clear intent of making me look bad and they did it this time...but this is not the most appropriate venue to put things into context because much of it involves lawyers."