Weeks before the beginning of the Copa America, the host nation will welcome Albania to Buenos Aires in a preparation match for next month's tournament
|Argentina: Romero; Zanetti, Milito, Burdisso, Rojo; Banega, Mascherano; Biglia; Di Maria, Tevez, Messi|
|Albania: Beqaj; Vangjeli, Lila, Bici, Arapi; Bulku, Hyka, Lika, Vila; Bakaj, Vajushi/Kapllani||
Goalkeepers: Beqaj (Ermis Aradipu), Hidi (Olimpiakos Nikozia)
Defenders: Vangjeli (Aris Selaniku), Lila (Tirana), Vrapi (Skenderbeu), Bici (Skenderbeu), Arapi (Skenderbeu), Veliu (Flamurtari), Sallaj (Zvicer 2)
Midfielders: Bulku (Hajduk Split), Hyka (Tirana), Lika (Tirana), Vila (Dinamo Zagreb), Allmuca (Skenderbeu), Muzaka (Skenderbeu)
Forwards: Bakaj (Dinamo Bukuresht), Vajushi (Vllaznia), Kapllani (Augsburg)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Argentina have won the Copa America 14 times, levelled with Uruguay and six titles ahead of Brazil.
- Javier Zanetti, who will start in defence for Argentina, is the most capped player in the history of the national team with 140.
- Argentina last won the Copa America in 1993, but finished runners-up to Brazil in each of the past two editions.
- This is Argentina's last friendly ahead of the competition.
- Only three of the players in the squad currently play in Argentina. Juan Pablo Carrizo features for River Plate, Luciano Monzon with Boca Juniors, and Diego Valeri at Lanus.
- Albania are coming off a 2-0 loss to Bosnia Herzegovina in the Euro 2012 qualifiers.
- Albania have never played in the World Cup.
- The Europeans have played in only one European Championship in 1962.
- Alban Bushi is the country's all-time top scorer with 14 goals in 67 games.
- At the age of 34, Erjon Bogdani is the active leading scorer with the national team, netting 12 times in 60 appearances.