Serie A preview: Roma - Palermo
Roma and Palermo are set to lock horns in what should be an intense affair at the Stadio Olimpico on Saturday
|Roma: Doni; Cassetti, Burdisso, Loria, Riise; Pizarro, De Rossi; Taddei, Perrotta, Vucinic; Totti
|Palermo: Sirigu; Cassani, Munoz, Bovo, Balazaretti; Migliaccio, Liverani, Nocerino; Pastore; Miccoli, Pinilla
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Roma have won their last four matches against Palermo.
- The capital club have only one win in their last five home games (W1, D2, L2).
- Francesco Totti has six goals in the last four games.
- Juan will miss the encounter at the Stadio Olimpico through suspension.
- Roma have been awarded the most penalties in Serie A this season (10).
- Palermo have picked up only one victory in their last eight matches (W1, D1, L6).
- The Sicilians have conceded 21 goals in their last eight encounters.
- Javier Pastore leads the team in scoring with ten league goals.
- Palermo coach Delio Rossi has lost nine of his last 17 matches against Roma (W5, D3, L9).
November 28, 2010: Palermo 3-1 Roma
Fabrizio Miccoli opened the scoring in the 20th minute and the Sicilians never looked back as two second half goals from Josip Ilicic and Antonio Nocerino gave them a commanding lead before Francesco Totti netted a consolation at the death.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Roma 2-0 Palermo
- 26.19 %
Roma 3-1 Palermo
- 18.54 %
Roma 2-1 Palermo
- 14.97 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Mar 30, 2013||Palermo 2 - Roma 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Nov 4, 2012||Roma 4 - Palermo 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Mar 10, 2012||Palermo 0 - Roma 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Oct 23, 2011||Roma 1 - Palermo 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 16, 2011||Roma 2 - Palermo 3|
|Mar 1, 2014||Roma 0 - FC Internazionale 0||ITA1|
|Feb 22, 2014||Bologna 0 - Roma 1||ITA1|
|Feb 16, 2014||Roma 3 - Sampdoria 0||ITA1|
|Feb 12, 2014||SSC Napoli 3 - Roma 0||ITAC|
|Feb 9, 2014||Lazio 0 - Roma 0||ITA1|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
|16||Daniele De Rossi||Midfielder|
No Totti, no party. 'Er Pupone' has been in scintillating form recently and has three braces in his last four games. The Roma legend will be eager to continue his hot streak against a leaky Palermo back line.
The Argentine leads the team in scoring and will need to add to his tally if the Sicilians hope to pull off the upset. With Juan suspended and Philippe Mexes injured, Pastore could have a field day against Roma.
Roma desperately need all three points to keep their Champions League dreams alive and should be able to dispose of a dysfunctional Palermo outfit. The hosts will concede a couple of goals with their makeshift defence but have enough firepower to pull through.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed