Sunday's PSL Review: SuperSport United defeat Golden Arrows, Baroka held by Bloemfontein Celtic

Nine goals were scored on Sunday with Matsatsantsa beating Abafana Bes'thende, while Bakgaga drew with Phunya Sele Sele

Premier Soccer League (PSL) action continued on Sunday afternoon with two matches taking place.

Lamontville Golden Arrows welcomed SuperSport United at the Sugar Ray Xulu Stadium in an encounter which produced five goals.

The visitors opened the scoring through Evans Rusike, who scored after being set-up by Aubrey Modiba in the 27th minute.

It was soon 2-0 to SuperSport two minutes later with Teboho Mokoena setting up Mxolisi Macuphu, who scored on debut.

Matsatsantsa continued to pile pressure on the Abafana Bes'thende, who were forced to defend too deep.

The score was 2-0 to SuperSport at the interval following a first half which was dominated by the visitors.

Arrows came back an improved side after the half-time break and they managed to pull one back just before the hour-mark.

The hosts were awarded a penalty after Lerato Lamola was fouled in the SuperSport box and Knox Mutizwa scored from the spot-kick.

The momentum was with Arrows, who then made it 2-2 in the 61st minute through promising attacker Seth Parusnath.

It was end-to-end stuff in the closing stages of the game and it was SuperSport, who grabbed a late winning goal through Mokoena.

The 3-2 win saw SuperSport climb up to sixth spot on the league table, while Arrows remained 10th on the log.

At the Peter Mokaba Stadium, Baroka FC played host to Bloemfontein Celtic in a match which produced four goals.

The visitors grabbed a surprise lead through Tshegofatso Mabaso when he beat his marker, before scoring to make it 1-0 to Celtic in the 25th minute.

Baroka, who had dominated the opening stages of the game, were very fortunate as Celtic defender Mpusana Tani scored an own-goal to make it 1-1 ten minutes later.

The hosts were in control of the match and they managed to take the lead in the 41st minute when Mduduzi Mdantsane scored with a low effort, and Baroka were leading 2-1 at the interval.

Article continues below

A lively second half followed with both teams launching attacks in search of more goals.

Celtic managed to restore parity through Mabaso, who grabbed his brace after being superbly set-up by goalkeeper Patrick Tignyemb with 18 minutes left.

Ultimately, the match ended in a 2-2 draw and Baroka remained 14th on the league standings, while Celtic climbed up to fifth spot on the table.