Dyche fears Defour set for 'weeks' out

Last updated
Getty Images
The Belgian midfielder is set to take in an untimely spell on the sidelines after suffering a hamstring injury in Burnley's 1-0 win over Leicester

Burnley midfielder Steven Defour could be out for several weeks with a hamstring injury, according to manager Sean Dyche.

The Belgian picked up the problem in Burnley's 1-0 win over champions Leicester City on Tuesday, lasting just 34 minutes before Scott Arfield took his place.

Defour still does not have an official return date set by Burnley's medical staff, though Dyche is not expecting him to feature for at least a couple of weeks.

Vokes condemns Leicester to defeat

Speaking to the club's official website, Dyche said: "We are waiting on further news. We will let that settle down until we know the length of time he will be out.

"But it's certainly not a few days. It could be beyond a couple of weeks, we'll wait and see."

While Defour is set for a spell on the sidelines, deadline day signings Robbie Brady and Ashley Westwood can be expected to feature in Saturday's trip to Watford.

"There will be that initial settling in period, which the lads here are fantastic about," Dyche added.

"They have got links here both of them, through some of our players, so we expect them to settle down pretty quickly. 

Dean criticised again for vital handball

"They are fit and well so they are in contention for what we do, certainly as a squad, because they have both been playing actively. 

"They will have the change in the way that we work but generally they are fit and well, so they at least come into the thinking."

Next article:
Barcelona pull out of plan to play LaLiga game in Miami
Next article:
COMMENT: Telkom Knockout Cup win over Orlando Pirates just a start for Baroka
Next article:
Pochettino: I'll keep a close eye on Inter while Tottenham face Barca
Next article:
Tuchel expects Neymar to face Red Star in Champions League
Next article:
'He was getting absolutely battered!' - Neville defends Sterling after alleged racist abuse