- Hearts have won five of their last seven home league games against Motherwell (D1 L1), although did lose most recently (2-3 in September 2019).
- Motherwell have won each of their last three league meetings with Hearts; they had only won two of the previous 12 clashes in the Scottish Premiership before this (D2 L8).
- After their 3-1 victory at Hibernian in midweek, Hearts are looking to pick up back-to-back league wins for the first time since February 2019.
- Motherwell ended a six-match winless run in the league with their 4-1 win over Ross County in midweek and are now looking to win back-to-back Scottish Premiership games for the first time in 2020.
- Hearts’ Steven Naismith has been directly involved in 12 goals in his last nine Scottish Premiership appearances against Motherwell, scoring seven and assisting five.