- Dundee United have won just four points in their last 14 league matches against Celtic (W1 D1 L12) and have lost their last five in a row.
- This is the first league meeting between Celtic and Dundee United since the 2015/16 season – Celtic won all three games that season by an aggregate score of 12-2.
- Dundee United manager Micky Mellon is looking to become the first manager to win his first-ever Scottish Premiership meeting with Celtic since Alex Neil in October 2014, who won 1-0 with Hamilton; none of the last 30 managers facing Celtic for the first time have won.
- Celtic have lost one of their last 26 Scottish Premiership matches against promoted sides (W17 D8), a 1-2 loss to Hibernian in April 2018, with Hibs then managed by Neil Lennon.
- Celtic are unbeaten in their last 11 away Scottish Premiership matches (W9 D2), their best run since a 28-game sequence between August 2016 and December 2017.