Vincenzo Montella insists he will have no regrets if he loses his job as AC Milan coach following the club's impending Chinese takeover, but he is hoping to remain in the role.
Sino-Europe Sports is expected to complete their buyout of the Serie A side imminently, leading to speculation the new owners could seek to replace Montella with a new coach.
Milan sit seventh in the Serie A table, but taking seven points from their last three games has kept Montella's men in the hunt for continental football and the coach wants to get the chance to stay.
"One of the happiest moments of my career was signing for Milan, a dream I'd had since childhood," Montella told reporters on Saturday.
"If I should remain, I'd be very happy. If not, I'd forever thank [current owner Silvio] Berlusconi and [chief executive Adriano] Galliani. I have no regrets."
Milan travel to Sassuolo on Sunday and Montella is hoping to avoid a repeat of their last meeting in October, when Montella was dismissed for dissent after complaining about refereeing decisions, although Milan came from behind to win 4-3.
"Winning always helps boost a team's confidence," Montella said. "We will face an important opponent who over the years have proved they can beat anyone. We just hope that all the talk will be about the football and not like the last time we met.
"Sassuolo are finding their form and important players are returning from injury. Aside from Domenico Berardi, Sassuolo are also good at creating opportunities with the whole team. We need to cut off the supply to Berardi.
"It's true we had a generous penalty last time we faced Sassuolo, but since then we've been on the receiving end of errors that we always accepted. I never talk about referees, but this season Milan are in credit when it comes to refereeing errors.
"We must try to dominate the game and to win. Right now, the points count more than the performances, but it's not true that we concede goals on the counter-attack."
Montella confirmed Carlos Bacca is in line to start the game after the Colombian striker rejected a move to Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian.
"We are happy with his decision and he has our utmost confidence," Montella said.