Our good friends at Opta have complied all the numbers and stats you need to assess the teams’ chances ahead of today’s second Afcon semi-final clash at the new Stade de Franceville.
- This is a re-run of the 2008 African Cup of Nations semi-final; Cameroon claiming a 1-0 victory on that occasion prior to losing in the final.
- The last three times Cameroon reached the semi-finals of the African Cup of Nations, they have progressed to the final.
- Ghana are the only team to have reached the semi-finals in each of the last six AFCON tournaments; conceding only three times in their previous five semi-finals.
- Cameroon’s last four goals at the AFCON have all come from outside the box whilst the last three conceded by Ghana have been from outside of the penalty area.
- Ghana have scored seven goals from the penalty spot in the African Cup of Nations since the beginning of the 2013 edition, including André Ayew’s in Ghana’s 2017 quarter-final; four more than any other nation in that time.
- Cameroon come into this game without a goal in their last two AFCON matches; failing to score with any of their last 23 shots in the tournament.
- Cameroon’s Benjamin Moukandjo has created 15 chances in the 2017 African Cup of Nations; four more than any other player.
- At least one of the Ayew brothers has been directly involved in 10 of Ghana’s last 14 goals at the AFCON (five goals & two assists for André, two goals & an assist for Jordan – never assisting each other in that time).
- Mubarak Wakaso has scored in Ghana’s last two African Cup of Nations semi-final matches (Equatorial Guinea in 2015 & Burkina Faso in 2013).