News Live Scores

Vidal offered Barcelona lifeline

Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernandez says out of favor right back Aleix Vidal will be given the chance to work his way back into Luis Enrique's plans.

Barca wants N'Zonzi

Vidal has been omitted from Luis Enrique's matchday squad for seven successive games and the 27-year-old is reportedly heading for the exit as Barca plots a move for former La Masia student Hector Bellerin.

Having fallen behind makeshift defender Sergi Roberto in the pecking order, Vidal had to clarify last month that a social media post was not aimed at Luis Enrique in a derogatory manner.

Echoing sentiments of the coach before Saturday's 4-0 win over Deportivo La Coruna, Fernandez says Barca is still counting on Vidal.

Isco back on board for Madrid

"Aleix must continue working and believing in himself," Fernandez told TV3. "A few days ago, Adriano [Correia, who left Barca for Besiktas in June] said that he was wrong and that if he had acted differently he would still be in the club, it's a good statement.

"In the summer both the coach and myself said that the team's two right-backs were Sergi Roberto and Aleix Vidal, we still think the same. He is a good player and we are waiting, but there is time to change the situation."