Perez denies Real Madrid plans to sell Ronaldo

The Merengue supremo assured that his club was not thinking about offloading the goal scorer, while reacting angrily to reports he had already met with the PSG president.
Speaking at press conference at which the Real Madrid president gave his full backing to under-fire coach Rafa Benitez, Florentino Perez has denied the club is looking to sell Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer transfer window.

The Portuguese star has been continually linked with a move to PSG and a return to the Premier League at the end of the season, but the Blancos supremo moved to quash the rumors.

"Those who say I want to sell Cristiano do so in an attempt to destabilize [my position]," the 68-year-old told the press.

"It annoys me that journalists said I have been attending any lunch meetings to discuss Ronaldo's sale. I have never dined with Paris Saint-Germain's president or [Ronaldo's agent] Jorge Mendes to sell Ronaldo.

"Those who think I would meet with the president of PSG on the same day as a crucial match to talk about selling Ronaldo are naive."

Reports had also claimed that the Portuguese star himself had issued Perez with a 'him or me' ultimatum ahead of Monday's impromptu presser, which the Madrid chief also denied.

"Cristiano Ronaldo has never spoken out against the coach or anyone else at the club," he said. "It's at a point where I'm having to deny false stories every day."