Champions League Qualifying Round-Up looks at the road to Rome as the first qualifying round of Europe's premier club competition draws to a close...
First Qual. Second Leg

Tuesday 22 July 2008

NSI Runavik 1-0 Dinamo Tbilisi (1-3 agg.)
Kaunas 3-1 Santa Coloma (7-2 agg.)
Ventspils 4-0 Llanelli (4-1 agg.)
Rabotnicki 1-1 Inter Baku (1-1 agg.)
Sheriff 4-0 Aktobe (4-1 agg.)

Wednesday 23 July 2008

Dinamo Zagreb - Linfield (2-0 agg.)
Artmedia Petrzalka - Valetta (2-0 agg.)
IFK Gothenburg - Murata (5-0 agg.)
Pyunik Yerevan - Anorthosis Famagusta (0-1 agg.)
Buducnost - Tampere United (1-2 agg.)
Domzale - Dudelange (1-0 agg.)
Modrica - Dinamo Tirana (2-0 agg.)
Levadia - Drogheda (2-1 agg.)
Valur - BATE Borisov (0-2 agg.)

NSI Runavik 1-0 Dinamo Tbilisi (1-3 agg.)

NSI's first ever victory in full European competition was not enough to overturn a 3-0 first leg deficit against Georgian champions Dinamo.

A solitary goal from Eltor Halgrim sixteen minutes in gave the hosts the lead, which they managed to hold for the rest of the fixture in Torshavn.

Having negotiated their way past the Faroese, Dinamo now meet Greek giants Panathinaikos in Q2.

Kaunas 3-1 Santa Coloma (7-2 agg.)

Lithuanian champions Kaunas couldn't quite match their 4-1 feat from the first leg, but they still made quick work of Andorran aces Santa Coloma.

The hosts needed just 12 minutes to take the lead as Vitalijus Godulianas won a penalty, which Linas Pilibaitis managed to score on the rebound after the spot-kick was originally saved.

Zelmikas was able to make it 2-0 19 minutes into the match, and Kaunas were on easy street.

Veteran midfielder Manolo Jiménez was then sent off for the visitors, yet Norberto Urbani was able to pull it back to 2-1.

But 23-year-old Pilibaitis popped up again in the second half to seal victory for his side, who meet last season's UEFA Cup losing finalists Rangers of Scotland in Q2.

Ventspils 4-0 Llanelli (4-1 agg.)

Welsh side Llanelli were left disappointed at their inability to defend a one goal lead from the first leg.

The 'Dzeltenzilie' were two up without 30 minutes after Kosmacovs and Rimkus hit a goal each in quick succession.

Llanelli were in deep trouble and this was only confirmed in the second half as Butriks made it 3-0, with star forward Rimkus, formerly of Rostov and Nürnberg, wrapped it up with a fourth.

Norwegian cracks SK Brann of Bergen await the two-times Virsliga winners in the next round.

Rabotnicki 1-1 Inter Baku (1-1 agg.)

The railwaymen of Rabotnicki were left stricken in Skopje as Inter Baku edged through to the next round on away goals.

The hosts, thrice champions of the Macedonian First League, took the lead after a period of concerted pressure thanks to a Krste Velkoski tap-in.

But the Azerbaijani side, who were lucky to be just one behind, found an equaliser late on thanks to Branislav Chervenka.

Partizan Belgrade are the Bankers' next opponents in Q2.

Sheriff 4-0 Aktobe (4-1 agg.)

Finally Sheriff Tiraspol brought success to the Moldovan league with a thumping victory over Kazakh champions Aktobe.

The visitors came with defence on their minds as they protected a 1-0 lead from the first leg, and although they held out for the first half, a rout came in the second.

Aleksi Kuchuk opened the scoring 65 minutes in before Moldovan international Serghei Alexeev put his side ahead on aggregate.

Aleksandr Erokhin and Igor Picusiac completed the thrashing to give the home fans something to smile about.

The Transnistrian outfit now face Sparta Praha of the Czech Republic in the second qualifying round.

Ewan Macdonald,