Newcastle have made their position clear on Sandro Tonali as Manchester United and Chelsea step up their interest in the Italian midfielder. Despite reports of a nine-figure price tag, the Magpies are adamant that the former AC Milan star is a vital part of their project. St James' Park chiefs are desperate to avoid a repeat of the Alexander Isak saga that rocked the club last year.
Manchester United are reportedly readying a summer transfer swoop for Newcastle midfielder Sandro Tonali. The Red Devils will be bidding farewell to Brazilian veteran Casemiro when he hits free agency, meaning that reinforcements in the Old Trafford engine room will be sought. It is claimed that Italy international Tonali will come with a £100 million ($136m) price tag.
Sandro Tonali’s future at Newcastle United is back in the spotlight after his agent, Giuseppe Riso, hinted at a potential summer move. While the Italian midfielder remains committed to the Magpies for now, his representative has admitted that Champions League qualification will be the deciding factor. After late interest from Arsenal in January, a summer departure is now a very real possibility.
Sandro Tonali generated plenty of headlines on deadline day as the winter transfer window of 2026 came to a close, with Arsenal reported to have made a play for the Newcastle midfielder. No deal was done, but speculation continues to rage. Manchester City are said to be another of Tonali’s many suitors, and Pep Guardiola was spotted in deep conversation with the 25-year-old at the end of a Carabao Cup encounter.
Newcastle United CEO David Hopkinson has admitted he has 'no idea' whether or not Arsenal were presented with the chance to sign Sandro Tonali by the midfielder's agent. Reports emerged on deadline day that Tonali was being monitored by the Gunners, with his representatives supposedly indicating to the Premier League leaders that a move could be negotiated.
Newcastle manager Eddie Howe has finally broken his silence on the shock deadline day reports linking Sandro Tonali with a move to Arsenal. The Magpies boss faced uncomfortable questions on Tuesday regarding whether the sudden speculation signals the start of a destabilising campaign, drawing parallels to the long-running saga that ultimately saw Alexander Isak leave St James’ Park for Liverpool last summer.
Sandro Tonali's agent has opened up on the midfielder's future amid talk of interest from Arsenal and Juventus. Beppe Riso has denied reports that he offered the Italy international to the Gunners on deadline day but says he will evaluate the midfielder's future later in the season and whether Newcastle "are open to anything." Tonali is contracted to the Magpies until 2029.
Sandro Tonali has generated talk of interest from Arsenal on transfer deadline day, but surprising reports have been quickly shot down. The Gunners are said to be in the market for midfield reinforcements after losing Mikel Merino to injury. Italy international Tonali would be a Premier League-proven option, but he is unlikely to leave St James’ Park.
Arsenal are reported to have asked about a stunning deadline day deal for Newcastle midfielder Sandro Tonali. The Gunners have lost Mikel Merino to an untimely injury, with Mikel Arteta eager to ensure that he is not left short on options in an ongoing Premier League title bid. Italy international Tonali would be another proven addition to the ranks at Emirates Stadium.
Newcastle United's midfield general, Sandro Tonali, might return to his former club, AC Milan, in the future. The potential comeback was hinted at by the player and pundits alike before Italy's World Cup qualifier against Norway, which was played at the San Siro, the home of Milan and Inter. Having represented the club for multiple seasons, his return is much anticipated by Rossoneri fans too.
Sandro Tonali has sparked uncertainty over his long-term future at Newcastle United after admitting he is taking things “year by year” amid ongoing rumours of a potential return to Serie A. The Italian midfielder, who recently signed a secret contract extension until 2029, insists he is “happy” on Tyneside but refused to rule out the possibility of one day leaving the club.
Juventus are eyeing a move for Sporting CP midfielder Morten Hjulmand in the upcoming winter transfer window. The Bianconeri had shown interest in the Danish midfielder during the summer, but Sporting rejected their approach, as well as a reported offer from Manchester United. Juventus are also monitoring Sandro Tonali and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic as alternative options.
Newcastle United midfielder Sandro Tonali signed an extension to his contract after he was banned for gambling offences, until 2029, while the Magpies also hold the power to extend his deal by another year until 2030. The midfielder signed for the club in the summer of 2023 but was banned in the October of that year, subsequently missing 10 months of football.
Although Sandro Tonali has found his "balance" in the Premier League with Newcastle, the Italy international is not ruling out a return to Serie A in his homeland. An AC Milan fan since childhood, the midfielder spent four seasons in the Italian top-flight, playing for a year with Brescia before having a three-year spell with the Rossoneri. He joined the Magpies in a then-record deal in 2023.
Newcastle put forward a dominant display in their 4-0 win away win over Belgian champions Union Saint-Gilloise. Eddie Howe's side were ruthless in attack, with Anthony Elanga, Nick Woltemade and Anthony Gordon linking well in their first start together as a trio. Woltemade opened the scoring with a clever flick, before Gordon twice bagged from the spot with substitute Harvey Barnes adding the fourth.