Sulley Muntari says he would support an organised player boycott in response to racist abuse as the current measures being taken to solve the problem are not working.
The Pescara midfielder walked off the pitch during his side's match against Cagliari on April 30 after being booked for complaining to the referee about insults from the crowd.
He drew a second yellow card for leaving the field of play and a one-game suspension as a result, which was later overturned upon appeal.
But despite the widespread condemnation of the incident, Muntari claims to have heard more racist abuse during Pescara's latest match against Crotone, which he watched from the substitutes' bench.
The Ghanaian subsequently told CNN that he would be the "number one" supporter of a potential boycott having seen no positive change in behaviours at Italian stadiums.
Asked how often he heard racist abuse, Muntari said: "Every game. I was sitting down [Sunday] and it was happening. There was a player playing and it was happening in the stands, so how are we going to tackle this?
"This isn't the first time it has happened. We talk about it and after maybe one week, two weeks it's gone. Then, maybe after a month or two later, it happens somewhere and you get calls to talk about it and then it's shut again."
Racism in the stands has been a persistent problem at Italian games in recent years - with Kevin-Prince Boateng walking off during an AC Milan match Muntari played in back in 2013 - but is not confined to Serie A.
Bastia were forced to close parts of their ground for three matches and given a suspended one-point deduction for insults directed at Mario Balotelli during a game against Nice earlier this season, while a Rangers fan recently appeared in court after making monkey gestures towards Celtic forward Scott Sinclair.