Bayern keen on Spurs star Son
Tottenham forward Heung-min Son has emerged as a target for Bayern Munich, according to Calciomercato.
The South Korean has impressed during his time in the Premier League, having previously starred in Germany for Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen.
Manolas quiet on Real Madrid talk
Roma defender Kostas Manolas is reluctant to be drawn on reports suggesting that he is a transfer target for Real Madrid.
He told Marca: “I haven't spoken to anyone about Real Madrid. I don't know what I can say. People can say a lot of things but I haven't.”
Barca still checking on De Jong & Rabiot
Frenkie de Jong and Adrien Rabiot remain top targets for Barcelona, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The Ajax and Paris Saint-Germain midfielders were heavily linked with moves to Camp Nou over the summer and will be pursued again in upcoming windows.
Tavernier pens Gers deal through to 2022
🖊️ #RangersFC are today delighted to announce captain James Tavernier (@James_Tavernier) has signed a new contract at the club.— Rangers Football Club (@RangersFC) September 18, 2018
➡️ More information and reaction: https://t.co/9JlWln7Nx9
📺 Interview on @RangersTV: https://t.co/SHn2P3PAAk pic.twitter.com/wVqMG38ahK
De Gea hints at new Man Utd deal
David de Gea has hinted that he is ready to sign a new contract at Manchester United, with the Spaniard claiming to feel “really loved” at Old Trafford.
The 27-year-old goalkeeper has entered the final year of his current deal, although the Red Devils do hold a 12-month extension option.
Dybala wants Real Madrid move in January
Juventus forward Paulo Dybala wants to move to Real Madrid in January, claims Don Balon.
The Argentina international is unhappy at Juve after Cristiano Ronaldo's arrival pushed him into a part-time starting role.
His top choice is a move to the Champions League winners, who have yet to decide whether to launch a bid.
Lozano wasn't a priority for Barcelona
PSV star Hirving Lozano was not a priority for Barcelona this summer, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Ahead of Tuesday's match between Barca and PSV, the Mexico international admitted the La Liga giants were interested in him this summer.
But the report states that the club had other options ahead of the winger, though a move in the future is still possible.
Tottenham boss reveals Keita Balde interest
Mauricio Pochettino has admitted Tottenham are interested in Keita Balde.
The 23-year-old was a member of Barcelona's youth system before he moved to Lazio in 2013 and then on to Monaco last year.
The Senegal international joined Inter on loan and will come up against Spurs in the Champions League on Tuesday, but Pochettino knows what to expect.
"I've been following him since he grew up in Barcelona while I was at Espanyol," Pochettino told reporters. "He is a player with an interesting profile for us, I wanted him but then he chose Monaco."
Man City still confident of Sterling renewal
Guardiola's men won't give up on agreement with England star
Manchester City will re-open talks with Raheem Sterling over a new deal despite talk of a recent breakdown, Sky Sports News claims.
The Premier League champions are determined to commit him to a new deal, but are hesitant over meeting his wage demands.
However, the club are confident of reaching an agreement with the England star by the end of the month.
PSG wanted Bayern star Alaba
Paris Saint-Germain made David Alaba a top target during the transfer window before they ended up signing Juan Bernat from Bayern Munich, Le10Sport says.
After having their approach for Alex Sandro knocked back by Juventus, the French champions turned to Munich to strengthen at left-back.
Austria international Alaba was the next in line but Bayern gave them a resounding no, forcing PSG to settle on Bernat on a much cheaper deal.
Darby forced to retire with MND
Bolton Wanderers defender Stephen Darby has been forced to retire aged 29 after being diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease.
He had previously turned out for Liverpool's reserve side and Bradford City.
Klopp tried for Mbappe swoop
Reds beaten to starlet by PSG
Jurgen Klopp tried to talk Paris Saint-Germain attacker Kylian Mbappe into a move to Liverpool, L'Equipe reports.
The France international, who was then at Monaco, was apparently "charmed" by the German, but ultimately the Reds could not match the money on offer from Real Madrid and PSG, who ultimately won the race for the teenager.
Why Buffon is heading for a clash with Tuchel
Legendary goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has been on the bench for the last three PSG matches.
It's not a situation he can be pleased about, as Peter Staunton explores...
Real Madrid more dangerous without Ronaldo - Dani Alves
Former Barcelona star Dani Alves believes Real Madrid are not a move difficult team to beat given that they have sold Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus.
After offloading the superstar, the PSG right-back believes they will be tougher as a group to overcome.
Hazard could score 40 at Man City or Liverpool - Pearce
Stuart Pearce, the former England captain, does not believe Eden Hazard can score 40 goals a season at Chelsea - but it might have been possible at Liverpool or Manchester City.
Manager Maurizio Sarri has challenged the Belgian to post a career year, but it won't happen at Stamford Bridge, according to Pearce.
Klopp wouldn't swap Liverpool stars for PSG trio
Jurgen Klopp says he would not trade in Liverpool stars Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane for the likes of Paris Saint-Germain's triumvirate of Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani.
The Reds forward three powered them to the final of the Champions League last season, but the presence of the French, Brazilian and Uruguayan superstars at PSG makes the French side one of the favourites for the competition.
But before his side line up against the French champions for the first game of the new European campaign, Klopp insisted he is happy with his own players.
Gazidis to leave Arsenal for AC Milan
Chief executive to leave in October
Ivan Gazidis will leave Arsenal in October to join AC Milan, it has been confirmed.
The chief executive has agreed to team up with the Italian side in December and has been replaced at Arsenal by Raul Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham.
Salah reveals how Liverpool love began
Liverpool have the famous video game FIFA to thank for allowing them to lure their best player to Anfield.
Superstar attacker Mohamed Salah has been an impeccable signing for the Reds since his arrival from Roma last year, becoming an immediate star for Jurgen Klopp's men.
But the Egyptian's love for Liverpool began long before he was signed as it first started to blossom in a video game.
“When I played FIFA or another video game, I always took Liverpool in 2005,” he told France Football.
“I would always put Steven Gerrard in the No.10 because he had an amazing shot! Then, I’d put Jerzy Dudek in goal, and the central defenders would be Jamie Carragher and Sami Hyypia. But I played with Liverpool on my console well before 2005.”
Palace contact FA over Zaha treatment
Crystal Palace have lodged a complaint to the FA over defenders' treatment towards Wilfried Zaha, according to the Telegraph.
The Ivory Coast international has previously said that opponents are out to injure him and now the club have raised the issue with the game's governing body.
Rashford set to be handed Man Utd start
Marcus Rashford will be unleashed from the outset of Manchester United's Champions League match with Young Boys, the Mirror reports.
In the midst of a three-game domestic ban, this will be his first start of the season.
Bettinelli set for new Fulham deal
Marcus Bettinelli is set to be offered a new deal by Fulham, the Daily Mail reports.
The goalkeeper was a surprise call up to the most recent England squad and his current deal expires in 2020.
The Cottagers will try to tie him down on a longer deal, though.
Arsenal's Gazidis agrees deal with Milan
Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has agreed a deal to join AC Milan, according to the Daily Mail.
Gazidis, who has been with the club since 2008, is set to make £1 million more than his current £2.6 million salary with the Gunners.
Milan's new owners were intrigued by Gazidis overhaul of the club following Arsene Wenger's departure and are looking to have him help close the gap with Juvenus.
Man City and Sterling contract talks stall
The England international's deal will expire in June 2020
Contract talks between Manchester City and Raheem Sterling have stalled over a dispute in wages, reports the Guardian.
Sterling, who's deal runs through June 2020, wants to be one of City's best-paid players and wants his salary raised from £170,000-a-week ($235k) to a minimum £220,000.
The club does not agree with that valuation, and though both sides are willing to be patient, it could force City's hand in the summer if the situation is not resolved by then.
Roma want Lucas Vazquez
Roma are hoping to pry Lucas Vazquez away from Real Madrid in January, according to Don Balon.
The Serie A side had previously targeted Vazquez, but were unable to lure him away after Zinedine Zidane's departure.
Since his bench role has not changed under Julen Lopetegui, Roma are likely to come in for Vazquez again in the winter.
Almeyda ruled out for Mexico job
Matias Almeyda has been ruled out of the Mexico national team job, as well as turning down Atletico Nacional, according to Marca Claro.
Almeyda left Chivas after guiding them to the 2017-18 CONCACAF Champions League crown, and had been linked to El Tri before the World Cup.
PSG, Man Utd to battle over Paqueta
Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United are set to battle over Flamengo star Lucas Paqueta, according to le10sport.
The 21-year-old Brazil international has a €50 million (£44m/$58m) release clause, with PSG looking to snag Paqueta in the winter.
Manchester United have also opened up negotiations, while Barcelona and AC Milan could also jump into the mix.
Porto interested in Inter's Miranda
Porto are set to rekindle their interest in Inter's Joao Miranda, according to Calciomercato.
Inter are hoping to extend the 34-year-old defender, who wanted to leave last season but was convinced to stay, as he is out of contract in June 2019.
Porto had interest last July and now will come back in for Miranda in January, when they can sign him on a pre-contract for free.