News Live Scores

AFC Cup 2018: Group Stage Matchday Three Review: ASEAN Zone

3:00 AM SGT 8/3/18
Boeung Ket and Bali United registered their first wins of the campaign...

The AFC Cup 2018 is all set to enter the third matchday in the ASEAN Zone. Here is a look at what awaits us this week: 


Ceres Negros 2-0 Shan United (Reichelt 79' Maranon 83')

Ceres Negros took control of Group F with a 2-0 win over Shan United on Tuesday. 

It was side from Philippines who had the better of the initial exchanges but they could not force a goal in the first half. In fact, they had to wait until the 79th minute to get the go-ahead goal. Bienvenido Maranon's cross into the box was spilled by the Shan United goalkeeper before the loose ball fell to Patrick Reichelt who converted. 

Four minutes later, Maranon doubled Ceres' advantage after supeb workfrom Manuel Ott who squared a ball for the former to tuck home. The win meant Ceres have seven points from three games and are three points clear at the top of the group. 


Boeung Ket 3-2 Home United (Maicon 11', 41' Ajayi 13' - Ui-Young 2' Hameed 67')

Cambodia's Boeung Ket claimed their first win of the campaign by edging out Singapore's Home United 3-2 at home on Tuesday. 

It was the visitors who took the lead in the second minute when Song Ui-young raced in to the box and slid a finish past the goalkeeper. But nine minutes later, the hosts levelled the scores. Samuel Ayaji released Maicon into the area and the Brazilian side-footed a finish home. Ayaji then made it 2-1 with a placed finish just two minutes later. 

In the 41st minute, against the run of play, Boeung Ket made it 3-1 after Maicon dispatched off a penalty they received after Sath Rosib was brought down inside the box. Though Home United pulled a goal back in the 67th minute through Faritz Hameed who rolled a finish home after Ishak quickly took a free-kick, catching the defence off guard. But it was not enough to get them anything from the game as Boeung Ket held on. 


Yangon United 3-0 Global FC (Maung 45+3' Sylla 48', 57')

Yangon took charge of Group G with a 3-0 win over Philippines' Global FC on Wednesday at home. 

Though the visitors started the game well, Yangon took the lead just before half-time Maung Maung Lwin’s curled freekick beat the wall and the keeper all ends up. Sekou Sylla then took charge of the proceedings for the home side in the second half. 

He first headed home Maung's deep cross from the right wing before making an incisive run from the left and drilling a finish home from the edge of the area. 

The result keeps Yangon's perfect start to the season intact while Global have just the single point so far. 

Bali United 3-1 Thanh Hoa (Malaifani 66' Demerson 72' Lilipaly 74' - Karube 30')

Indonesian outfit Bali United registered their first win of the campagn with a 3-1 win over FLC Thanh Hoa on Wednesday. 

Though Pape Omar Faye missed a penalty for the visitors early on, they did take the lead in the 30th minute when Ryutaro Karube curled a free-kick home from 20 yards out. But the home team mounted a comeback in an inspiring second half which saw them equalise in the 66th minute. 

Yabes Roni Malaifani latched on to a chipped pass on his chest before prodding it home. Six minutes later, Demerson headed home from Fadhil Sausu’s corner to give the home team the lead. Incredibly, they made it 3-1 soon after when Stefano Lilipaly lobbed the goalkeeper and sealed an important win. 



Song Lam Nghe An 0-0 Persija Jakarta

Vietnamese side Song Lam Nghe An maintained their lead at the top of Group H with a goaless draw against Indonesia's Persija Jakarta on Tuesday. 

Though the away team started brightly, Song Lam Nghe An took control of the game around the half-hour mark. The first half finished without many chances while Ho Tuan Tuai blazed a shot over after going through on goal in the second half. 

He was also denied a bit later by the Persija goalkeeper as the Vietnamese side were frustrated. The result means Song Lam are yet to concede a goal in the tournament while Persija remain third in the table with four points. 

Tampines Rovers 0-0 Johor Darul Ta’zim 

The second game in Group H also finished goalless as Tampines Rovers were involved in a stalemate with Malaysia's Johor Darul Ta'zim. 

The visitors, coming off a loss, had the better of the first half but a goal remained elsuive for both teams. Tampines Rovers goalkeeper Syazwan Buhari was called into action several times but Johor could not force a goal through as the game ended 0-0. 

Johor now have four points while Tampines Rovers have just the one point from three games.