Al Ahli Jeddah of Saudi Arabia will be a tough opponent for Al Gharafa, who host the Saudi side on the 5th of March at the Thani bin Jassim Stadium.
Al Ahli “The King” come into this game at the top of the group after wins against Tractor Sazi and Al Jazira, winning 1-0 and 2-1 respectively to gain 6 points until now.
Al Gharafa, on the other hand, lost 3-2 to Al Jazira before thrashing Tractor Sazi 3-0 to move into 2nd place on par with Al Jazira who also have just 3 points.
It is worth noting that Al Ahli are currently 2nd place in the Saudi Pro League with 45 points after thrashing Al Taawoun 5-1 last weekend, meanwhile Al Gharafa defeated Al Rayyan 6-1 to move into 5th place with 26 points.
Date and Time
|Al Gharafa vs. Al Ahli|| |
Thani Bin Jassim
5 March 2018
17:10 KSA Time, 18:10 Egypt Time
|Not Announced Yet||-|
- Al Ahli and Al Gharafa met 4 times, with Al Gharafa winning twice, losing once and drawing twice.
- Al Ahli have only been defeated twice in their last 15 AFC Champions League matches.
- After 4 consecutive losses in the AFC Champions League, Al Gharafa managed to win their last match 3-0 against Tractor Sazi.
- Mahdi Taremi of Al Gharafa managed to score 3 goals from 7 shots in the competition this season, with only Baghdad Bounedjah of Al Sadd topping him, scoring 4 goals until now.
- After failing to win in any of their first 5 matches against Qatari sides, Al Ahli continued their poor streak with 5 losses and 2 draws in their next 7 matches against them.