Championship Wrap: Burnley go top, Derby stun Ipswich

Sean Dyche's men leapfrogged QPR at the summit with a 2-0 victory over Doncaster Rovers, while the Rams began life after Nigel Clough with an incredible comeback

Burnley moved to the top of the Championship table as a 2-0 triumph over Doncaster Rovers made it four consecutive league victories.

Sean Dyche's side have started the season in superb form that continued on Tuesday at the Keepmoat Stadium.

After being frustrated for much of the first half, the Lancashire outfit went ahead in first-half injury-time from Sam Vokes' penalty. Rob Jones scored past his own goalkeeper to send the away fans into raptures in the dying stages as Burnley leapfrogged over QPR on goal difference. 

New Derby County manager Steve McClaren took a watching brief as the Midlands club produced a stunning comeback to secure a 4-4 draw with Ipswich Town at Pride Park.

Christophe Berra and Daryl Murphy put the visitors 2-0 ahead before Zak Whitbread replied for the hosts. But an Aaron Cresswell strike and a second for Murphy put Mick McCarthy's men into a seemingly-unassailable 4-1 lead at half-time.

Derby refused to accept defeat, however, and stormed back in the second half as a Craig Bryson brace sandwiched a Jamie Ward effort.

Leicester City sit third - level on points with Burnley and QPR above them - after a 2-1 success away to Yeovil Town.

After a goalless opening period at Huish Park, Lloyd Dyer and a David Nugent penalty put Nigel Pearson's team 2-0 ahead.

James Hayter responded with a spot-kick of his own in the 84th minute, but Yeovil were unable to find an equaliser.

Elsewhere on Tuesday, Keith Andrews' 89th-minute leveller secured Brighton and Hove Albion a 1-1 home draw with Sheffield Wednesday, who had taken the lead through Matt Fryatt's first goal for the club, while Blackpool and Bolton Wanderers played out a 0-0 draw at Bloomfield Road.

At Oakwell, Chris O'Grady rescued a 1-1 draw for Barnsley against Reading, while the same scoreline settled the encounter between Middlesbrough and Huddersfield Town.

Nottingham Forest moved up to fourth in the table despite being frustrated in a 1-1 draw with Charlton Athletic at The Valley.

Andy Reid put Billy Davies' men into a third-minute lead, but Marvin Sordell equalised shortly after half-time to ensure Charlton secured a share of the spoils.

Blackburn Rovers made it back-to-back league victories as Jordan Rhodes' second-half strike saw them beat Gianfranco Zola's Watford 1-0.

Birmingham City curtailed Millwall's recent revival by storming to a 4-0 victory. David Murphy notched a brace in the first half before goals from Tom Adeyemi and Jesse Lingard wrapped up the win.