Man Utd will lose in Champions League quarters, say Goal Singapore readers

The Premier League champions scraped past Olympiakos in the Round of 16, but the rest of the seven teams that await them all look like strong opposition
In the end, they did it. Robin van Persie's hat-trick fired Manchester United past Olympiakos as they overturned a first-leg loss to progress 3-2 on aggregate into the Champions League quarter-finals on Thursday morning, Singapore time.

It was a significant result, especially after their meek 3-0 loss to Liverpool on the weekend, and at least gave manager David Moyes some breathing space.

With Borussia Dortmund also advancing on the night, that spelt the end of the Round of 16 ties, with the quarter-final draw to be conducted later tonight.

While the Red Devils will be pleased to have advanced, their next task will be much sterner. With Real Madrid, Barcelona, Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Bayern Munich all possible opponents, Olympiakos will feel like a cake walk.

The Premier League champions also displayed nerves in the last quarter of the game against the Greek side and their form so far this season has not entirely convinced.

This was perhaps the reason behind the majority of Goal Singapore readers believing they will get knocked out at the quarters, with 75.2% indicating that it will be the end of their journey. The remaining 24.8% were more optimistic, believing they can make it to the semis at least.

Moyes stated after the victory at Old Trafford that they could win the competition, but it sure looks like a massive ask for his team given the way they are playing at the moment.