The Red Devils have little chance of catching Manchester City, but Jose Mourinho's side can be caught themselves, with Liverpool lurking two points behind and Tottenham Hotspur a further two back in fourth.
Although United won the earlier meeting, Swansea won on their visit to Old Trafford in April 2017 and have lost just two of their last five away games at United and will be hoping to increase their chances of survival with a positive result.
Daley Blind is still injured, while Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo and Ander Herrera are doubts for Saturday's game.
Manchester United do not have any suspended players ahead of the tie.
Man Utd potential starting line-up
Swansea City team news
Renato Sanches, Angel Rangel, Wilfried Bony and Leroy Fer are all injured while Jordan Ayew is suspended.
TV channel & kick-off time
The fixture will not be broadcast live in the UK (United Kingdom), but can be watched in the United States on NBC Sports and kicks off at 10:00 ET.
Best Opta match facts
- Manchester United have already beaten Swansea twice this season without conceding a goal – they won 4-0 at Liberty Stadium in the Premier League in August and 2-0 in a League Cup tie in October.
- The Swans have avoided defeat in three of their last five visits to Old Trafford (W2 D1 L2) in all competitions, having lost eight of their first 10 games there against Man Utd.
- The Red Devils have scored in all 15 of their home matches against Swansea in all competitions – only against Luton (19) and Port Vale (21) have they played more often without failing to score in their history.
- Man Utd have won all three of their home Premier League games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday this season, scoring seven goals and conceding none..
- Romelu Lukaku – currently on 99 Premier League goals – has been directly involved in 14 goals in 14 games in all competitions so far in 2018 (10 goals, 4 assists).