News Matches
Indian Super League

Indian Super League: John Abraham, Ranbir Kapoor, Abhishek Bachchan, Virat Kohli and the owners of all ISL franchises

07:33 GMT+3 19/08/2022
ISL Owners
GOAL takes a look at all the owners of the Indian Super League franchises

The Indian Super League (ISL) is the top-tier football league in India which came into inception in 2014.

It is a franchise-based football competition where there are currently 11 teams participating. These franchises are mostly owned by Indian business conglomerates.

From Bollywood celebrities like Ranbir Kapoor, John Abraham, Abhishek Bachchan to Indian cricket star Virat Kohli, there are a few popular faces who are co-owners in a few franchises.

Let us take a look at the owners of the ISL clubs.

  • Sanjiv Goenka

    ATK Mohun Bagan FC

    The consortium of Sanjeev Goenka and Utsav Parekh are the majority shareholders of ATK Mohun Bagan FC. Meanwhile, Mohun Bagan Athletic Club holds 20 per cent of the entity known as ATK Mohun Bagan Pvt. Ltd.

    Owner(s)

    Chairman

    Kolkata Games and Sports Pvt. Ltd. (80%)
    Mouhun Bagan Athletic Club (20%)

    Sanjeev Goenka

  • Sajjan Jindal Bengaluru FC

    Bengaluru FC

    Bengaluru FC is completely owned by the JSW Group.

    Owner(s)

    Chairman

    JSW Bengaluru Football Club Pvt. Ltd.

    Sajjan Jindal

  • MS Dhoni Vita Dani Chennaiyin FC ISL

    Chennaiyin FC

    Chennaiyin is co-owned by film star Abhishek Bachchan, former India cricketer MS Dhoni, and Vita Dani who is a business-woman.

    Owner(s)

    Abhishek Bachchan, MS Dhoni, and Vita Dani.

  • Emami East Bengal ISL 2022

    Emami East Bengal FC

    East Bengal and Emami Group formally launched their joint venture 'Emami East Bengal' on August 2 with Emami Group holding 77 per cent share and East Bengal holding the remaining 23 per cent in the newly formed company, Emami East Bengal FC Pvt. Ltd.

    Owner(s)

    Emami Group (77%)
    East Bengal Club (23%)

  • Virat Kohli Akshay Tandon FC Goa ISL

    FC Goa

    Jaydev Mody, chairman of Delta Corp Limited, holds the majority (65 per cent) of stakes in FC Goa. Akshay Tandon has 23 per cent, while cricketer Virat Kohli holds 12 per cent.

    Owner(s)

    Jaydev Mody (65%), Akshay Tandon (23%), Virat Kohli (12%)

  • Varun Tripuraneni Hyderabad FC

    Hyderabad FC

    Vijay Madduri, a Telengana-based businessman, Varun Tripuraneni, former CEO of Kerala Blasters, and actor Rana Daggubati are the current co-owners of Hyderabad FC.

    Madduri is the co-founder and CEO of Aimlytics Technologies.

    Owner(s)

    Vijay Madduri, Varun Tripuraneni, Rana Daggubati.

  • Mukul Choudhari, Jamshedpur FC

    Jamshedpur FC

    Jamshedpur FC is completely owned by Tata Steel, a sister company of the Tata Group.

  • Kerala Blasters

    Kerala Blasters is owned by Magnum Sports Private Limited. Nikhil Bhardwaj is the chairman of the company and a whole-time director. There are other co-owners as well including Nimmagadda Prasad, Indian film stars, Chiranjeevi and Allu Arvind.

    Owner(s)

    Chairman

    Magnum Sports Private Ltd.

    Nikhil Bhardwaj

  • Mumbai City FC

    The  City Football Group (CFG) has 65 per cent stake in the club with Ranbir Kapoor (18 per cent) and Bimal Parekh (17 per cent) hold the remaining shares.

    Owner(s)

    Chairman

    City Football Group (65%), Ranbir Kapoor (18%), Bimal Parekh (17%)

    Khaldoon Al Mubarak

  • John Abraham in a NEUFC game in Guwahati - ISL

    NorthEast United FC

    Bollywood celebrity John Abraham is the owner of NorthEast United.

  • Liridon Krasniqi, Odisha FC, ISL 2021/22

    Odisha FC

    Odisha FC is completely owned by GMS Inc. which is the world's largest cash buyer of ships and offshore assets for recycling.