News Live Scores
Transfers

Chelsea January transfer news LIVE: Donnarumma wanted to replace Courtois

10:05 PM GMT+8 07/01/2018
Gianluigi Donnarumma Milan
Goal brings you all the latest news, rumours and deals related to the Blues as the January transfer window heats up

Donnarumma wanted as Courtois replacement


Chelsea want AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma, if they lose Thibaut Courtois in the summer, claims Mundo Deportivo .

The Premier League champions are hoping to agree a new contract with Courtois, whose current deal expires in 18 months’ time.

However, he has been strongly linked with a move to Real Madrid and, if the Belgian ends up at the Santiago Bernabeu, then Chelsea want Donnarumma to replace him.


Hazard to sign new Chelsea deal


Eden Hazard is set to snub Real Madrid and sign a new deal with Chelsea, The Sunday Express   reports. 

A £300,000-a-week contract is thought to have been on the table since the summer, but the Belgian has been stalling on signing the new deal. 

But it seems he is now on board with signing, helping the club fight off interest in his services from the Spanish giants. 


Chelsea interested in Hazard move


Chelsea are interested in re-signing Thorgan Hazard from Borussia Monchengladbach, according to a report from Bild

Hazard, the brother of Blues star Eden and Under 23 player Kylian, signed for the Stamford Bridge club in 2012 before being sent out on loan to Zulte Waregem and Gladbach, with his permanent move to the latter secured in 2015.

Chelsea are ready to reunite him with his brothers, however, with a move in the summer transfer window.


Madrid no longer looking at Luiz


Real Madrid have backed away from the idea of bringing in David Luiz, according to  Don Balon

The Spanish side made contact with the Brazilian a few weeks back, according to the report, but he has been left waiting since then. 

While Luiz also drew interest from Manchester United, he was more interested in Los Blancos, though it now seems Zinedine Zidane believes he might cause issues in the dressing room with the club having two established centre-backs. 


Chelsea defender to join Sunderland on loan


Sunderland are set to sign Chelsea defender Jake Clarke-Salter on loan for the rest of the season, according to  Football Insider.

The 20-year-old was a member of the England Under-20 side to win the World Cup last summer but has made just one first-team appearance under Antonio Conte this season.


 Chelsea chasing Porto's Alex Telles


Chelsea are looking to make Porto's Alex Telles the club's next signing, according to reports from Turkish outlet Webaslan

The Blues are reportedly in for a €25m deal for the left-back, though Porto are asking for €30m.


Vidal going nowhere - Heynckes


Chelsea transfer target Arturo Vidal will not leave Bayern Munich this January, Jupp Heynckes, head coach of the Bundesliga giants has said.

"There's no contact between Chelsea and Bayern," he told a news conference on Saturday. "We won't sell Arturo Vidal or any other player during the winter market."

Read the full story right here on Goal! 


Five Premier League sides watching Marega


Four Premier League sides are monitoring the progress of Porto striker Moussa Marega, according to Foot Mercato .

The Paris-born stirker has 12 goals in 15 games in the Portuguese top flight this season and is being watched by Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United, as well as Brighton and Leicester.

Porto do not wish to sell, but the centre forward has a release clause of €40 million.


Hazard rejects record contract offer


Eden Hazard has rejected Chelsea's second offer of a new contract, according to RMC .

The Belgium international's current deal runs through 2020, but the Blues are offering fresh terms to prevent Real Madrid from swooping for Hazard.

Antonio Conte is reportedly furious with Hazard's refusal to sign a new deal, which would have made the Belgian the highest-paid player in Chelsea's history. 


Conte reveals three transfer lists


Antonio Conte has admitted to having three lists of transfer targets at Chelsea, having previously moaned that he has “rarely been given the players I asked for”.

In an effort to avoid a repeat in 2018, the Premier League title-winning coach is leaving no stone unturned.

"There isn’t just one list, there’s two, three lists and sometimes you can’t get the first name on the list," Conte said.

Read the full story right here on Goal! 


David Luiz to be shown the Chelsea door


Chelsea centre-back David Luiz will be sent out on loan for the second half of the season, The Express states.

The Brazil international has had a bust up with manager Antonio Conte, who is now willing to offload the experienced defender.

Andreas Christensen has kept him out of the starting XI lately, and Juventus could seek to profit by snatching him on a temporary basis this winter.