- The 2019/20 edition will see the latest ending of a UEFA Champions League/European Cup campaign in history. Previously, the latest knockout game in the competition was the first final, played on 13th June 1956 between Real Madrid and Reims.
- This will be the first competitive game between Atalanta and Paris SG. Atalanta’s only previous encounter with a French club in European competition was against Lyon in the 2017/18 UEFA Europa League group stages – the Bergamo side drew 1-1 in France and won 1-0 at home.
- Paris SG have never won a single game against Italian opposition in the UEFA Champions League (D4 L2). They’ve also never kept a clean sheet in those six matches.
- Despite losing their opening three games this season, Atalanta are the first UEFA Champions League debutants to reach the quarter-finals of the competition since Leicester City in 2016/17 and the first Italian side to do so since Lazio in the 1999/00 campaign.
- Paris SG are in the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League for the first time since 2015/16. They haven’t reached the final four of the competition since 1994/95 – that season, they were knocked out by AC Milan (0-3 agg.), the only previous time they have faced Italian opposition in the knockout stages of the competition.
- Paris SG have played two competitive games in the last five months (Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue finals on 24th and 31st July respectively) whilst Atalanta have played 13, winning nine of those games (D3 L1).
- Atalanta have won their last four UEFA Champions League games, the longest current run alongside Bayern Munich. They have also scored eight goals in their two knockout games so far (vs Valencia), as many as they did in their six group games.
- Atalanta have conceded more goals than any other remaining team in this season’s competition (16 in eight games). They also have the highest Expected Goals Against tally among the final eight (16.7).
- Paris SG have scored in each of their last 32 UEFA Champions League games, currently the longest run in the competition. The last time they failed to find the net was against Manchester City in the quarter-finals of the 2015/16 edition.
- Josip Ilicic has scored five of Atalanta’s last seven UEFA Champions League goals. He’s also won more penalties than any other player in this season’s competition (3).
- Neymar has scored 12 goals in his last 16 UEFA Champions League knockout games. In fact, since 2014/15, only Cristiano Ronaldo (33), Lionel Messi (16) and Robert Lewandowski (14) have found the net on more occasions than the PSG forward in the latter stages of the competition.