Man City and Tottenham join Rabiot race
Manchester City and Tottenham are in a four-way battle to land Adrien Rabiot, claims the Express.
The midfielder is unhappy at Paris Saint-Germain, and the two Premier League clubs join Barcelona and Juventus in showing interest in his services.
Stoke remains on radar for Collins
Wales defender James Collins is in contact with Stoke City after rulling out a third spell with West Ham, reports the Stoke Sentinel.
The 35-year-old is currently unattached but has confirmed he will not return to the Hammers.
The former Aston Villa man however remains in touch with the Potters and could be set to seal a return to the Midlands.
Clare joins Hearts on three-year deal
Lucas Perez refuses to warm up for West Ham
West Ham forward Lucas Perez has come in for criticism after apparently refusing to warm up off the bench in Sunday's win over Everton.
The former Arsenal and Deportivo player was named as a substitute at Goodison Park, but video footage seemed to show he was reluctant to come on the field.
Manager Manuel Pellegrini said of the incident: "Maybe it looks bad? But Marko [Arnautovic] was injured and I called Luca to start his warm-up.
"But when I saw [Michail] Antonio was ready I decided to bring him on instead."
Wijnaldum reveals Tottenham snub prior to Liverpool move
Georginio Wijnaldum says he turned down a move to Tottenham in 2016, according to Metro.
The Dutch midfielder, who scored against Spurs on Saturday, joined Liverpool following Newcastle's relegation, snubbing Tottenham in the process.
"I met Pochettino when I left Newcastle. I just felt Liverpool wanted to come to an agreement quickly," said Wijnaldum.
"Tottenham have shown over the years the quality of their players and manager. I see Tottenham as a team like us, wanting to play good football."
Negredo undergoes medical with Al-Nasr
Alvaro Negredo has undergone a medical with Al-Nasr, according to AS.
The Besiktas striker has been linked with the Dubai club, and the club's recently reached an agreement over a potential sale.
Negredo joined Besiktas in 2017 after previously featuring for Valencia, Sevilla, Manchester City and Middlesbrough.
Moyes says Everton were a centre-forward away from glory during his tenure
David Moyes says Everton were one signing away from challenging from the Premier League.
The former Toffees manager says he needed a goalscorer to challenge for a title, but never quite got there during his tenure.
"I was here for 11 and a half years, and I think by the time we finished, we had a great team. I think our style was as good as anyone," Moyes told Sky Sports.
"We were probably a centre-forward away from being contenders for the Premier League. We had Mikel Arteta, Steven Pienaar, Leighton Baines, Seamus Coleman, Sylvain Distin, Phil Jagielka, you could go on with the players we had. It was a terrific team."
'Liverpool overpaid for Alisson, but had no choice'
Liverpool overpaid for Alisson but the club had no choice but to pay a premium for a telented goalkeeper, says Jason McAteer.
The Reds broke the goalkeeper transfer record at the time of this summer's move for the Brazilian, who has conceded just twice in five Premier League matches.
Zidane would want Hazard and Kante at Manchester United
If Zinedine Zidane was to be hired as Manchester United manager, the former Real Madrid boss would want to sign Eden Hazard and N'Golo Kante, according to Don Balon.
The Frenchman wanted to sign the pair during his time in Madrid, but neither side was sanctioned by the club throughout Zidane's run.
Zidane would also want to hold on to Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial, two fellow Frenchman that have had their difficulties under Jose Mourinho.
'Premier League clubs will pursue Gerrard & Lampard'
Wayne Rooney does not believe it will be long before his former England team-mates Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard are being lined up for Premier League managerial roles, saying that it is ‘the right time for English managers to step forward’.
New arrival in Philadelphia
Real plot January raids for Alonso & Lozano
Blancos want Chelsea & PSV stars
Real Madrid are readying January moves for Marcos Alonso and Hirving Lozano, reports Don Balon.
The Chelsea left-back and PSV winger have been linked with the Blancos for some time and will see formal approaches made during the winter window.
Those at the Santiago Bernabeu are also looking to bring in another central midfielder, with Dani Ceballos having failed to convince.
Totti offered route out of retirement
Roma icon Francesco Totti has been offered a route out of retirement at the age of 41 by Australian side APIA Leichhardt.
The World Cup winner hung up his boots and called time on a legendary career in the summer of 2017.
LeBron could help Liverpool land Barella
Liverpool could use their links to LeBron James - who owns a stake in the club - and put themselves in pole position to land Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella.
The Reds have been linked with the highly-rated 21-year-old after seeing him emerge as an exciting young talent in Serie A.
Celtic & Brighton to battle for ex-Man Utd forward
Celtic and Brighton are set to battle it out for Wigan forward Nick Powell, according to The Sun.
The former Manchester United star turned down the Seagulls in 2017, but may be tempted to make a move a year on, while the Scottish champions are prepared to invest £5 million ($7m) in securing his signature.
'I am Mesut Ozil and I’m not finished yet'
Mesut Ozil is once again being linked with Manchester United, but the German is determined to earn legendary status at Arsenal.
The World Cup winner has been responding to comparisons with Gunners icon Dennis Bergkamp, saying: "I have my own style and I’ve had it since I was a kid. I am proud of these comparisons, but I am Mesut Ozil and I’m not finished yet."
Digne had to get out of Barcelona
Lucas Digne enjoyed his time working alongside “best in the world” Lionel Messi at Barcelona, but admits to having pleaded with the Liga giants to let him join Everton.
The France international full-back completed a switch to Goodison Park over the summer after finding regular game time hard to come by at Camp Nou.
Moyes invites offer from USMNT
Former Manchester United, Everton and West Ham boss David Moyes has invited an offer from the U.S. national team to become their next manager.
The Scot has been out of work since leaving a role with the Hammers at the end of the 2017-18 campaign.
Hazard happy at Chelsea despite exit hint
Eden Hazard claims to be “happy” at Chelsea despite having hinted over the summer that the time was right to make a move to Real Madrid.
He told BBC Sport: “I’m always happy when I play football. After the World Cup I spoke, now I’m still with Chelsea."
Barcelona tabled €30m De Jong bid
Barcelona made an attempt to sign Ajax's Frenkie de Jong this summer, Goal has learned.
The Liga side made an offer of €30 million (£27m/$35m) for the 21-year-old and were willing to let him stay at Ajax on loan for another year.
Rooney airs frustration at Everton exit
D.C. United star Wayne Rooney has revealed that Everton's owner Farhad Moshiri was behind his departure from the Premier League club.
Former England captain Rooney returned to boyhood club Everton in 2017-18 after leaving Manchester United as their all-time leading goalscorer, but the 32-year-old only spent a single season at Goodison Park.
Pep keeping a close eye on Lyon's Tousart & Ndombele
Pep Guardiola is set to get a close look at two of his prime targets when Manchester City take on Lyon in the Champions League.
Lyon midfielders Lucas Tousart and Tanguy Ndombele have both caught the eye of the City boss, according to the Daily Star, and he will use their Champions League clash as chance to get a close-up view of the two French youth internationals.
Perez already upset with Lopetegui
Florentino Perez is already upset with new Madrid manager Julen Lopetegui following a 1-1 draw with Athletic Bilbao on Saturday, Don Balon claims.
The decisions to not start Casemiro and Isco riled Perez, who is questioning the decisions of his new manager after the club failed to keep pace with Barcelona.
Mitrovic emerging as Chelsea target
Chelsea are among the clubs looking at Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic after his strong start with the Cottagers, according to the Mirror.
The Serb has six goals in five games for club and country so far this season and is drawing interest from several clubs, with Chelsea the favourites to land him this winter.
Chelsea to open contract talks with David Luiz
Chelsea and defender David Luiz are set to open contract talks after a successful start of the season, reports The Sun.
Luiz fell out of favour under Antonio Conte and looked ready for an exit, but has been revitalised under Maurizo Sarri.
With his current deal set to expire in the summer, Chelsea want Luiz to sign a two-year extension at £125,000-a-week, rather than see him leave on free.
Beckham wants Messi at Inter Miami
Man Utd legend eyes marquee signing
David Beckham's Inter Miami have targeted Lionel Messi as a potential signing, according to the Daily Mail.
The former Manchester United and Real Madrid star's side will enter MLS in 2020 and are eyeing a marquee signing for their first season.
And although no contact has been made so far, they are willing to make a big bid to bring Messi from Barcelona to the United States.
Juventus willing to swap Dybala in £150m Pogba deal
The Argentina international would be used as a makeweight in deal
Juventus want Paul Pogba back and are willing to offer Paulo Dybala to Manchester United to get a deal done, reports the Mirror.
The Argentina star has struggled to find his place in the Juventus side following the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo and is considering his options.
Dybala would be used as a makeweight in a transfer that could be worth up to £150 million (€169m/$196m), and may take place as early as January.
Mourinho prepares Ozil raid
The Man Utd boss is monitoring whether the playmaker comes available
Jose Mourinho is hoping to make an approach for Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil this winter, reports the Daily and Sunday Express.
Mourinho wanted Ozil last season, but saw his efforts come to nothing after the former Germany international signed a new deal with the Gunners.
A potential rift with Unai Emery has opened the door for another attempt to sign Ozil, and another possible butting of heads between Mourinho and Ed Woodward over transfer targets.
Sarri targeting Serie A rising star
Maurizio Sarri is targeting a January move for 20-year-old winger Federico Chiesa from Fiorentina, according to the Daily and Sunday Express.
Already an Italy international, Chiesa has already been subject to a £50 million ($65m) bid from Juventus which was turned down in the summer.
Juventus may return in January with Napoli joining the hunt as well, though Sarri believes his old club will not have the financial strength to pull off a deal.
Inter turn down Martial-Perisic swap offer
Inter have rejected Manchester United's demand of Ivan Perisic for Anthony Martial, likely keeping the Red Devil forward at Old Trafford through the season, reports the Mirror.
The Serie A club were keen on bringing in Martial to bolster their attack, and have no intention of letting a player of Perisic's quality leave in exchange.
While Martial and Mourinho do not get along, Ed Woodward does not want to let the 22-year-old attacker leave.