The Indian Super League (ISL) has been highly competitive this season. While the race for the top-four spots is anything but over, the fight for the top spot is also heating up.
Three teams remain in contention for the League Winner's Shield and they are Hyderabad FC, Jamshedpur FC, and ATK Mohun Bagan. Let us first take a look at the current standings of these teams.
- Kessie on emulating Yaya Toure at Barcelona and Xavi's influence in transfer from AC Milan
- From Pepe to Torreira - The Arsenal players that could leave during the summer transfer window
- 'I'll come back here one day' - Malacia completes Man Utd medical & reveals he knew 'years ago' he'd make transfer move
- All completed Premier League transfers in summer 2022 - listed
ISL TABLE 2021-22
ATK Mohun Bagan
How are the league standings determined?
- Most number of points obtained in all league matches.
- If two or more clubs are equal on the basis of the above criteria, their place shall be determined as follows:
- The most number of points obtained in the league matches between the clubs concerned.
- Superior goal difference resulting from league matches between the clubs concerned.
- The most number of goals scored in the league matches between the clubs concerned.
- Superior goal difference in all league matches.
- The most number of goals scored in all the league matches.
- Highest fair play ranking.
Mumbai City FC
SC East Bengal
NorthEast United FC
Kerala Blasters FC
ATK Mohun Bagan
- Drawing of lots
Jamshedpur FC (M-19, P-40)
Matches left - Odisha FC, ATK Mohun Bagan
Owen Coyle's team can win the ISL League Shield if they do not lose to ATK by two or more goals.
ATK Mohun Bagan (M-19, P-37)
Match left - Jamshedpur FC
ATK Mohun Bagan must beat Jamshedpur FC by a two-goal margin and then both teams will have 40 points each. Since ATKMB lost 2-1 in the first phase, they need to overturn that deficit. So in the end, if they are locked with Jamshedpur on points (40) then a better head-to-head record will save their skin.