With no more than 10 days left to announce his latest 23-man squad, it’s not difficult to predict that most of those called up will have featured in his previous groups.
However, Tite is fast running out of time to experiment. After his final two qualifiers, he will have only friendly matches to make the final tweaks.
With almost 80% of the World Cup squad already thought to have secured their places in Russia, Tite now needs to focus on the remaining 20%. The time has come, perhaps, to test some new faces in a competitive environment.
For ESPN Brasil commentator Leonardo Bertozzi , Santos goalkeeper Vanderlei, who has already been mentioned by Tite in some interviews, may appear in the next squad.
"Santos have only conceded 14 goals in the Brazilian Championship, they the second-best defence, and it’s been a spectacular year for him. He could rival Cassio of Corinthians for a place in the squad. Maybe Tite would like to see Vanderlei in training. He is in excellent form and very good from penalties, so it would be fair to see him called up.”
Current No.1 Alisson was heavily speculated to be close to losing his place between the posts, with Manchester City’s Ederson tipped by some to be Brazil's first-choice goalkeeper come June next year. However, concerns over Alisson’s lack of game time at Roma no longer exist since he has become first-choice in the Italian capital this season.
In the midfield, Bertozzi sees a possible return for a familiar face, insisting Hernanes could prove a decent option for the list of reserve midfielders. The Prophet has starred in Sao Paulo’s relegation fight since returning from China earlier this year and could provide an interesting option off the bench for a coach keen to get some more guile into his midfield.
"Hernanes’ name may surprise some people but he has a history with the national team and has been in great form. He has provided a spectacular return at Sao Paulo, with seven goals in seven games as he fights desperately to save his relegation-threatened club, who would be in a considerably worse position if not for him.”
Alexandre Lozetti of Globo , meanwhile, believes that Tite should not introduce new faces for his last two qualifiers, but agrees that if a new goalkeeper should arrive than Vanderlei is the leading candidate. Indeed, since Tite's appointment a year ago, only one player - Willian - has lost his place in the starting line-up due to anything other than injury or suspension.
“I don’t believe Tite has the freedom to experiment, and to win the places of players who have been called up regularly for more than a year, any new man would have to reach absurd levels for his club.
“We have already mentioned that Vanderlei is yet to be called up, but I believe that only medical problems will open new doors to any new players. Perhaps the inability to change games offensively with his substitutes’ bench will urge Tite to look for new some alternatives to Renato Augusto and Gabriel Jesus."
Tite is set to announce his squad at the end of this week, with only domestic action and UEFA Champions League fixtures taking place between now and then.