Oman 6-0 Malaysia; is it back to the drawing board for Dollah?

Harimau Malaya's first international match of 2015 ended up to be a gruesome beating from Oman as Malaysia lost 6-0 at Al-Seeb Stadium.

GOALBY    DAYANG Z.     Follow on Twitter

The first ten minutes of the game appeared balanced, but anyone could see that apart from having the advantage of playing at home, Oman were clear winners when it comes to the size and speed departments.

Malaysia had their first chance to create a goal in the 13th minute but Norshahrul Idlan Talaha's right-footed shot was not enough to beat Oman's experienced goalkeeper, Ali Habsi.

Not too long after that, Oman started to conquer the game, bearing no mercy to the visiting team. In the 14th minute, Qasim Said challenged Farizal Marlias with a dangerous strike from the penalty area, but was then saved by the JDT player.

The opening goal finally belonged to Oman a minute later and there was nothing both Fadhli Shas and Muslim Ahmad could do to stop Yaqoub Abdulkarim who took full advantage on a careless mistake by S. Kunanlan. Oman clearly had the confidence with total control of the game, making several deadly attempts and easily penetrating through Malaysia's sloppy defence.

In the 42nd minute, it was S. Kunanlan's mistake yet again that costed the Malaysian side when his tackle saw Oman being awarded with a penalty kick. Abdul Aziz's left-footed strike was a powerful one, easily beating Malaysia's goalkeeper and earning Oman their second goal.

The second half resumed with Dollah Salleh entrusting Khairul Azhan to take Farizal Marlia's place, and putting in Joseph Kalang Tie and Baddrol Bakhtiar. However, Malaysia had to face an even more Brutal Oman, who managed to score a third goal within the minute through Eid Alfarsi.

Abdul Aziz once again scored for the home team in the 51st minute, making it 4-0.

Yaqoub's header in the 67th minute easily found its way to the back of the net, making it his second personal goal in the match and putting Oman in a more comfortable position at 5-0. Although it was already a definite win for Oman, Paul Le Guen's men showed no signs of slowing down, and kept trying to find even more goals.

S. Kunanlan once again made a faulty tackle during the dying minutes of the game, in which saw a second penalty being given to Oman. This time it was Mohsin Johar's turn to join the scorers' list; his left-footed strike easily beat Khairul Azhan, putting Oman ahead 6-0.

Malaysian captain, Safiq Rahim confronted the referee for his decision and was shown the red card, leaving Malaysia to play with only 10 men until the final whistle.

Oman beating Malaysia isn't something new as they've done it before, but conceding six goals? Looks like it's back to the drawing board for Dollah Salleh.