- Veteran keeper aiding promotion push
- Working under superstar owners
- Victory secured in his first appearance
WHAT HAPPENED? The veteran 39-year-old shot-stopper has stepped out of retirement in order to aid a push for promotion into the Football League at the Racecourse Ground. Foster previously graced those surroundings back in 2005, when taking in a loan spell at Wrexham immediately prior to joining Manchester United, and he is delighted to be back in the game working under Hollywood owners Reynolds and Rob McElhenney.
🏆 TOP STORY: Chelsea disappointed with Tuchel over Barry approach
📣 HAVE YOUR SAY: Should Arsenal be relieved they didn't sign Mudryk?
🚨 MUST READ: Who should replace Conte at Tottenham?
WHAT THEY SAID: After making his bow in a 3-0 victory over York City, and having made it clear that he was hoping to run into the famous faces calling the shots at Wrexham, Foster told the club’s YouTube channel: “No, doddle mate. 3-0, clean sheet, bosh. Just met Ryan Reynolds in the tunnel. Don’t get much better than that. Going out for a lovely dinner tonight, lovely Saturday that.”
THE BIGGER PICTURE: Foster is – having spent much of his career representing the likes of Birmingham, West Brom and Watford in the Premier League – now playing for fun, having told his The Fozcast podcast of a meagre pay packet in Wales: “I don’t need much [money]. To be honest, the negotiations took about five minutes. Wages wise, it’s literally peanuts… the part for me is getting the team over the line and getting them promoted. I’m a very low maintenance player. Just wheel me out, I’ll do a job.”
IN TWO PHOTOS:
WHAT NEXT? Wrexham currently sit three points clear at the top of the National League table, while boasting a game in hand on automatic promotion rivals Notts County, with there seven matches left for them to play this season.