News Live Scores
African All Stars

Lagos FA Cup: Goals galore as Box2Box FC, 4J’s FC qualify

13:17 GMT+3 12/04/2017
Lagos FA Cup
The opening game saw seven goals scored in an highly entertaining encounter while the second saw 4J’s humble Buruj

Box2Box FC 5-2 Christ Ambassadors

Box2Box FC are through to the next round of the Lagos State Federation Cup after a 5-2 thumping of Christ Ambassadors on Tuesday at the Agege Stadium.

Michael Andrew got Box2Box’s opener in the 21st minute but four minutes before the break Afeez Razak leveled things up for Christ Ambassadors.

After just ten minutes of play in the second half the floodgate opened as Saheed Issa struck to put his side back in driving seat and Waliu Ojetoye got another to give Box2Box a two-goal advantage.

Adeshina Joseph’s 64th minute strike for Ambassadors could only do little as Andrew and Isaa both completed their brace to see Box2Box put the game above their stubborn opponents 5-2.

4J’s FC 3-0 Buruj FC

Two goals from Jumbo Njoku and one from Olushola Ayanrinola saw 4J’s FC through to the next stage of the tournament at the expense of Buruj FC.

Njoku got the breakthrough for his side in the 40th minute of the encounter after shooting from outside the eighteen-yard box to reward the dominant display of 4J’s FC.

4J’s continued mounting pressure on their opponent after the break and had their first attack saved by goalkeeper Haruna Kudeji.

In the 78th minute, Ayanrinola scored the second goal while Njoku got his brace, his side’s third to see 4J’s progress to the next stage of the tourney.


G12 3-0 Stationary Stores (Walkedover)

Stationary stores failed to show up for the encounter so, G12 progress to the next stage of the competition.


Rhema Chapel FC 1-2 St. Vincent FC

St. Vincent FC and Rhema Chapel FC treated fans at the Agege Stadium to an highly entertaining fixture that saw two moments of brilliance from James Orisha decide the tie.

Having terrorized Rhema’s defence - with his pace, strength and trickery - from the blast of the whistle, Orisha got the curtain raiser in the 21st minute when he got the better of two defenders to put a low left-footed effort from 20 yards out past the sprawling goalkeeper.

The first half ended with both sides having numerous chances and the defence-splitting passes from Rhema’s early substitute, Olumide Aliu caught much attention but none of those counted as his attackers could not convert and the score line stood 1-0.

After the break, St. Vincent were on the back foot but another commendable effort from Orisha put the game beyond the Yaba side.

The marksman managed to get onto the end of a purposeful clearance from his half before evading the attentions of defenders to lob his brace over the onrushing shot-stopper.

Rhema tried a fightback and it did work, but to minimal effect as Aderogba Akinyanju halved the deficit with few minutes to play.

They mounted pressure on St. Vincent, but their backline stood firm as the match ended 2-1.