Former Sundowns winger Keagan Dolly weighs in on the Rulani Mokwena debate

Comments()
Backpagepix
Dolly has a different view to that of Zungu, who claimed that Mokwena was the brain behind Sundowns' success

Bafana Bafana and Montpellier winger Keagan Dolly has finally broken his silence on the debate which was started by Bongani Zungu about Rulani Mokwena's contribution at both Mamelodi Sundowns and Orlando Pirates. 

Earlier this week, Zungu said Dolly knew that Mokwena was the brain behind Sundowns' success, but the left-footed player has denied that, saying that Mosimane was the main man with the help of his two assistants. 

"For the past few days I’ve been “knowing a lot” haha I’ve tried my best not to get involved in this debate but I feel like I should tell my side," wrote Dolly in a series of tweets. 

"My time @Masandawana was one of the best experiences in my career thus far, for me personally I feel like it was a team effort whereby we all had a common goal and our leader was coach Pitso! Although we had coach Mngqithi and coach Rhulani having there input," he said. 

"But at the end of the day coach Pitso was the man in charge, I have great respect for all the coaches that I’ve worked with at sundowns. Everyone had an input but at the end of the day coach Pitso was the one who brought me back," added Dolly. 

Dolly said Sundowns will always have a special place in his heart.  

"@Masandawana will always have a place in my heart and I’ll always be grateful for the opportunities they’ve given me!," concluded Dolly. 

Zungu's comments was seen as insensitive by the majority of football fans, who felt that he undermined both Micho Sredojevic and Mosimane in the process of praising Mokwena's hard work.

The player has since apologised for his statements and he was forgiven by Mosimane, who said that everyone makes mistakes.

Here is a series of tweets as written by Dolly on Friday night. 

Next article:
De Bruyne admits Liverpool would be worthy champions if Reds can hold off Manchester City
Next article:
Levante to take Barca Copa del Rey case to CAS
Next article:
'He's a sensational guy' - Filipe Luis backs 'extraordinary' Neymar
Next article:
It can happen – Allegri plays down Ronaldo penalty miss
Next article:
'If Messi doesn't deserve the Ballon d'Or I know nothing about football' – Atletico's Filipe Luis
Close