Bayern Munich vs Paris Saint-Germain
5 December 2017
Kickoff 21:45 CAT
Bayern Munich must pull off a miraculous and unlikely four-goal win against PSG to win Group B ahead of the Parisian giants tonight.
There are, however, glimmers of hope for the hosts. PSG suffered their first Ligue 1 defeat of the season on the weekend, going down to Strasbourg. Bayern have the weapons to capitalise on any weaknesses but they must do so without a quartet of key men. Wingers Franck Ribéry and Arjen Robben will miss out, as will world class goalkeeper Manuel Neuer. Bayern’s midfield metronome, Thiago Alcântara, is also short of fitness and will play no part. PSG’s injury worries are less severe, with only Thiago Motta and Lucas Moura absent, which should see Julian Draxler get an extended run in the side. The German will be the creative link between midfield and the fearsome attacking trio of Edinson Cavani, Kylian Mbappé and Neymar.
Winning group B might be beyond Bayern, but an entertaining clash is expected when two of the pre-tournament favourites clash allowing some of Europe’s finest stars to shine.
Lewandowski at 0.7
Cavani at 0.9
Coman at 2.55
Neymar at 1.05
Hummels at 5.25
Rabiot at 5.25
Big Match Facts
- Neymar has scored six goals in five Champions League matches this season.
- Bayern have won five of their last six Champions League matches.
- Bayern have scored at least two goals in five of their last six Champions League matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in Bayern’s last nine Champions League matches.
- PSG have been winning at both half time and full time in their last five Champions League matches.