- Barcelona have won their last six LaLiga games against Alaves, keeping a clean sheet in four of them, their best such run against them in the top-flight.
- Alavés are winless at home in LaLiga against Barcelona in the last five games (D2 L3), failing to score and losing the last three in a row.
- Barcelona have lost just one of their last 17 trips to Basque sides in LaLiga (W10 D4), with that defeat coming on the opening day of the season against Athletic at San Mamés (1-0).
- Alavés are winless in their last three LaLiga home games (D1 L2), failing to score in all three. The last time they failed to score in four LaLiga home games in a row was between October 2005 and January 2006.
- Barcelona have already lost five LaLiga away games this season (W8 D5), their most away defeats in a single top-flight season since 2007/08 (six).
- Alavés have scored only two goals at home since the restart of LaLiga in June, with Martín Aguirregabiria's goal against Real Sociedad their most recent - his first goal after 72 appearances in the competition.
- Excluding own goals, Lionel Messi has scored just one of Barcelona's last 17 away goals in LaLiga, but he has assisted 11 of those goals.
- Barcelona’s Luis Suárez has been involved in 11 goals in his last five LaLiga games against Alavés (5 goals and 6 assists), including three assists and one goal in the reverse fixture this season.
- Alavés' Juan Ramón López Muñiz is winless in his five managerial LaLiga games against Barcelona, all five with different teams (Racing, Málaga and Levante), drawing his first meeting and losing the last four.
- Barcelona’s Quique Setién has had six managerial LaLiga games against Alavés - more than versus any other opponent (W2 D4).