News Live Scores
Cape Town City v Kaizer Chiefs

Big Match Stats Pack: Cape Town City vs Kaizer Chiefs

10:11 EAT 27/08/2019
Kaizer Chiefs, Bernard Parker against Cape Town City
All the interesting stats and facts you need to know ahead of the match between the two clubs at Newlands Stadium on Tuesday

  • Siphosakhe Ntiya Ntiya of Kaizer Chiefs challenged by Thato Mokeke of Cape Town City, March 2019


    The two teams have met nine times across all competitions since the inception of Cape Town City in 2016. Amakhosi have recorded four wins against City's three while the other two matches ended in draws.  
  • Lebogang Manyama, Kaizer Chiefs, August 2019

    Leading goalscorers

    Lebogang Manyama is Amakhosi's joint leading goalscoring with two goals alongside Erick Mathoho after just three games played this season. None of Cape Town City players has scored two goals or more thus far. 
  • Peter Leeuwenburgh of Cape Town City, September 2018

    Clean sheets

    Cape Town City have kept a single clean sheet in four matches across all competitions so far this season while Amakhosi have kept the same number of clean sheets from their opening three league games. 
  • Samir Nurkovic Khama Billiat Lebogang Manyama - Kaizer Chiefs

    Scoring minutes

    Kaizer Chiefs have scored 60 percent of their goals between 0-15 minutes of their games while the other 40 percent is split between 45-60 and 75-90 minutes of their games this season. Cape Town City's appear to be dangerous between the 15th and 30th of their games with 50 percent of their goals coming during that period.    
  • Cape Town City v Stellenbosch August 2019 Chris David and Benni McCarthy


    Cape Town City have won just once in their last six matches in all competitions stretching back to last season, recording three draws and suffering two defeats in the process. Chiefs, on the other hand, have won two of their last six matches, recording two draws and suffering two defeats. 
  • Erick Mathoho Kaizer Chiefs,  August 2019

    Log standings

    Kaizer Chiefs top the PSL standings with seven points from three games with a goal difference of +2, while Cape Town City find themselves sixth on the log with five points from three games. They have a goal difference of +1.   
  • Zukile Kewuti, Cape Town City, April 2019


    Cape Town City and Kaizer Chiefs are two of the four teams unbeaten in the league this season. The other two teams are Mamelodi Sundowns and Baroka FC.