thumbnail Hello,


  • 9 November 2012
  • • 14:00
  • • Yuba Bharati Krirangan (Salt Lake Stadium), Kalkātā (Kolkata), West Bengal

Pailan Arrows 0-2 Pune FC: An early goal in each half ends Arrows' unbeaten run

Pailan Arrows 0-2 Pune FC: An early goal in each half ends Arrows' unbeaten run

Pune Football Club

Pailan Arrows' unbeaten run was finally brought to an end, as a clinical Pune FC side scored two early goals in each half to nullify the momentum of the AIFF developmental side..

Pailan Arrows finally faced defeat when they met a buoyant Pune FC still raging from the 0-1 home defeat against Churchill Brothers. The Red Lizards returned to winning ways with goals from Karma Tsewang in the 11th minute and Subash Singh in the 46th minute.

Arthur Papas kept faith wiith Shouvik Ghosh and Deepak Devrani in the centre of defense with Holicharan Narzary and Alwyn George were given free roles up front to wreak havoc. Rajinder Kumar was playing as the right-sided midfielder but pushed much higher up.

Derrick Pereira was missing Caitano Costa due to suspension and brought in Othello Tabia as the right back while Gurjinder Kumar was shifted to the left back position. Arata Izumi and captain Douhou Pierre started in the centre of midfield with Subash Singh playing off the target man James Moga upfront.

The match began in breath-taking fashion as Subash Singh had a great chance to put the away team ahead as Moga used his impressive strength to hold up the ball, but Soram Anganba was alert and got to the loose ball first in the opening minutes.

In the fourth minute the Arrows could have had a goal of their own as Rajinder Kumar played a delightful ball to Alwyn George who had evaded his marker in the box, but the India U-23 international could not finish the move.

He was immediately afforded a chance to make amends as Gurjinder Kumar’s misplaced pass was picked up by Rajinder who found George again, but this time, the Pune FC defender was alert and cleared the danger.

In spite of the Arrows dominating proceedings, it was the away side who took the lead on the counter-attack as their Japanese recruit Daisuke Nisiguchi, held off three defenders before laying off the ball for an onrushing Karma Tsewang whose low drive to the right left Soram with no chance.

In the 15th minute James Moga had a great chance as Soram misjudged and was beaten to the ball by the South Sudanese striker. However, he was slow to get his shot away which allowed the goalkeeper to recover and his shot ended up hitting the side netting.

Alwyn George did it all by himself on the half hour mark after Rajinder Kumar once again played him through but the youngster tried to do a bit too much which allowed Gurjinder Kumar time to clear before he could fashion a goal scoring opportunity.

Daisuke showed glimpses of his class as just two minutes before half time, he danced past the hosts' defense, exchanging one-twos with Moga and Subash but Deepak Devrani was at hand to thwart the attack. It was all Pune FC after the goal, as Pailan didn't see enough of the ball.

The second half started on a nightmarish note for Pailan Arrows as Daisuke Nisiguchi played a long hopeful ball forward from the kick-off which caught the young defense sleeping and with Soram off the line, it was a tap in for Subash Singh who had acres of space.

As the Arrows pushed men forward to get a goal back, in the 67th minute Daisuke broke through the middle with Moga and Subash in front of him. He picked up Subash on the right but his weak left-footed effort was easily held by Soram.

The Arrows finally had a shot on goal as Milan Singh let loose a belter but it was parried out for a corner by Meloly. From the succeeding corner, the Red Lizards custodian picked up a knock as he came off his line to collect the ball among a sea of players.

Just after James Moga was brought off, Subash Singh had another chance as he broke on the right flank, only to meet Soram who was in no mood to concede another goal.

Jeje Lalpekluaha who was brought on to replace Subash Singh also wasted an opportunity when he was left unmarked as the loose ball fell to him from a corner towards the end of regulation time.

Pune skipper Douhou who was almost playing as a second striker towards the end, missed a further chance in added time to put his team three goals to the good, as he found plenty of space on the right, only to squander the chance with a weak left-footed effort which did little to trouble Poirei.

With the victory, Pune FC have recovered from back-to-back defeats and have 9 points on the board, while Pailan Arrows remain 5th with 8 points.

How do you stay up with football when on the move? With –your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.