AFC Cup 2017: Maziya S&RC 0-1 Bengaluru FC - Johnson scores at the death to give the Blues all three points
John Johnson East Bengal Bengaluru FC I-League 2017
John Johnson's 94th minute goal against AFC Cup opponents Maziya S&RC meant that Bengaluru FC fly back home with full points.

I-League side Bengaluru FC recorded a 1-0 away win in the Group E AFC Cup encounter against Maziya Sports and Recreation Club (S&RC).

The Blues sealed a last minute victory when John Johnson registered his name on the score-sheet in added time.

Amrinder Singh's freekick from the centre circle was completely misjudged by Matiash Pavel in goal. This allowed substitute Marjan Jugovic to pounce and shoot towards goal which was turned in by John Johnson to give the Blues all three points. 

Head coach Albert Roca started with a 4-3-3 formation with Juanan operating on the right and Salam Ranjan Singh at the heart of the defense with John Johnson. As for the hosts, Imaaz Ahmed was leading the attack with Abdulla Assadhulla and Mohamed Umair operating on the flanks. Aleksandar Rakic took charge of the build-up in the middle of the park.

Klopp: Mane could miss rest of the season

Cameron Watson was upto the task in the sixth minute of the match when Abdulla Asadhulla almost went surging clear of the defense if not for a last ditch tackle from the Australian. 

Udanta had a shot from the right that he sent straight to Pavel in goal following a flowing move from the away side initiated by Watson in the 17th minute. 

About six minutes from the half time, Imaaz Ahmed picked up the ball just outside the box and made Amrinder pull out a top drawer save to deny him as he parried out the shot. 

Almost immediately following the restart, Watson found space inside the opposiition box but his shot was blocked by Andrei Cordos before Juanan slammed the rebound wide. 

In the 67th minute Daniel Lalhimpuia was found on the edge of the box by Udanta but he dragged his shot wide. 

Messi suspension a positive thing

Maziya had their best chance only a minute later after substitute Niyaz found Asadhulla in the box whose shot towards the far post from the right was palmed away by Amrinder only to the path of an onrushing Umair. However a last ditch tackle from Sandesh Jhingan meant the winger could not connect with the ball with the referee adjudging it to be a fair tackle.

In the 76th minute Daniel and Chhetri combined to set up Marjan only to see the Serbian smash his shot over the bar. 

A minute from time, Marjan returned the favour to Chhetri but he scuffed his shot wide from inside the box. 

However the real drama erupted in the last couple of minutes of the contest. First it was Daniel who was hauled down by Ali Amdhan in the box but the referee waved play on. 

With tempers flying high, Bengaluru won a freekick near the half line with Amrinder stepping up to punt the ball in. A lapse of concentration from Pavel saw him completely miss the flight of the ball which meant Marjan could direct it towards goal with John Johnson applying the finishing touch to give Bengaluru their second win in the competiiton. 

Bengaluru FC go top of Group E while Maziya still say second.