The group stages of the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League got off to a great start. After eight more matches producing intense and high-quality football, matchday 1 has come to an end.
PSG shocked Real Madrid while we saw routine wins for Bayern Munich and Manchester City. Atletico and Juventus played out a draw. Lets take a look at what transpired last night in the Champions League.
Watch the highlights here:
1) Paris Saint-Germain 3-0 Real Madrid: Angel Di Maria stepped up in the absence of Paris Saint-Germain's first-choice attacking trio by delivering a double in a 3-0 Champions League victory over a lacklustre Real Madrid.
2) Atletico Madrid 2-2 Juventus: Hector Herrera came off the bench to score a 90th-minute equaliser as Atletico Madrid fought back from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Juventus in the Champions League.
3) Bayern Munich 3-0 Red Star Belgrade: Kingsley Coman, Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Muller earned Bayern Munich a 3-0 victory over Red Star Belgrade as they moved top of Champions League Group B.
4) Shakhtar Donetsk 0-3 Manchester City: Manchester City made light of their defensive crisis as Fernandinho filled in adeptly at centre-back and captained the Premier League champions to a 3-0 victory over his former club Shakhtar Donetsk.
6) Bayer Leverkusen 1-2 Lokomotiv Moscow: Grzegorz Krychowiak and Dimitri Barinov capitalised on Bayer Leverkusen's blunders to give Lokomotiv Moscow a 2-1 win in their Champion League Group D opener on Wednesday.
7) Olympiacos 2-2 Tottenham: Tottenham threw away a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 at Olympiacos in their opening match of this season's Champions League.