Nakumatt FC close in on ex-AFC Leopards striker

Comments()
Stafford Ondego/Goal Kenya.
Kepha Aswani, who finished as Ingwe’s top scorer and the league's Silver Boot winner last season, is a free agent

Nakumatt FC are on the verge of signing former AFC Leopards striker Kepha Aswani.

Aswani, who finished as Ingwe’s top scorer and the league's Silver Boot winner last season, is a free agent after parting ways with AFC Leopards. Nakumatt FC Team Manager Ben Achieng confirmed to Goal on Wednesday that the deal to sign the much travelled striker could be sealed by Friday.

“We are still in negotiations. We have discussed 80 percent of the move and I don’t think both parties can disagree in remaining 20 percent. I am very confident that the player will be unveiled by Friday.”

Nakumatt FC are among the promoted clubs to the top flight and have already signed Robert Omnuk formerly of Tusker and left back David Gateri from Bandari FC.

Close