PSG wanted Ajax' Onana
PSG were one of the clubs interested in Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana over the summer.
The 23-year-old told RMC Sport: "Paris?" I had contact from PSG, I had discussions with my agent, he told me about Paris and what he wanted to do."
Onana had also been linked with a return to Barcelona, where he played as a youngster, but said he felt it was 'not the right time' to leave the Amsterdam side.
Inter keeping an eye on Icardi
Mauro Icardi could still have a future at Inter, after club CEO Guiseppe Marotta said they were monitoring his form on loan at Paris Saint-Germain.
"We had no doubts about his quality, we made a choice and implemented a policy of change," Marotta told Sky Sport Italia. "It was a strategic choice, he is our player and we watch him with great attention."
Icardi has scored five goals in six games so far for PSG this season, including two against Club Brugge in the Champions League on Tuesday night.
Juve look to beat Madrid to Eriksen signing
Juventus could beat Real Madrid to the signing of Tottenham playmaker Christian Eriksen in January, claim the Corriere dello Sport.
With midfielder Fede Valverde emerging at the Bernabeu, Madrid are thought to be unwilling to pay up to sign Eriksen with his contract expiring at the end of the season.
That could well open up a chance for another side to claim his signature, with Juventus heavily linked with him in recent months.
Tottenham want Everton
Tottenham are monitoring Gremio's Brazilian international forward Everton Soares, according to Sky Sports News.
The 23-year-old was at the top of the priority list for Spurs chief scout Steve Hitchen as he attended Gremio's Copa Libertadores semi-final with Flamengo, which ended in a 1-1 draw - with Everton bagging an assist.
He was an important player for Brazil at the Copa America over the summer, and could prove an enticing option for Mauricio Pochettino if his side's pursuit of Paulo Dybala isn't rekindled.
Besiktas trailing Everton misfit Tosun
Besiktas are planning on opening talks with Everton to take striker Cenk Tosun on loan, report Sabah.
The 28-year-old has barely featured for Marco Silva's side in recent months, and was widely reported to be close to the Goodison Park exit during the summer transfer window.
Tosun, who has 16 goals in 40 appearances for Turkey, was signed from Besiktas in January 2018 but has only scored eight Premier League goals in nearly two years since then.
'Mount would fit right in at Barca or Madrid'
Chelsea star Mason Mount would be a good fit at La Liga giants Barcelona or Real Madrid, according to former team-mate Mitchell van Bergen.
“Mason is going to reach the absolute top," he told NOS. "In the Premier League he will be a complete player and I see him eventually ending up at Barcelona or Real Madrid. I think he will fit there.”
Van Bergen played alongside Mount when the pair were at Eredivisie side Vitesse during the 2017-18 season, with the teenage Mount scoring 14 goals in 39 games.
Man Utd believe Maguire deal will help Maddison signing
Manchester United believe this past summer's signing of Harry Maguire will help the club's pursuit of James Maddison.
Now, they thing Maguire's close friend Maddison will be swayed in a similar way this summer.
Holding praises 'incredible' Arsenal new boy Martinelli
Summer signing Gabriel Martinelli is a "nightmare" to play against, says Rob Holding.
The young Brazilian joined Arsenal from Ituano over the summer and has featured three times off the bench, scoring two braces.
Bundesliga clubs tracking U.S. U-20 midfielder
Several Bundesliga clubs are tracking U.S. U-20 midfielder Christian Cappis, according to CBS Sports.
Cappis is currently with Hobro in Denmark, having signed for the club in November 2018.
The midfielder has made 13 appearances so far for the Danish club.
Juventus close in on Velez starlet
Juventus are close to completing the signing of Matias Soule from Argentine side Velez Sarsfield, Goal can confirm.
Soule's family are set to travel to Italy to finalise a deal for the 16-year-old forward.
Inter Miami trade for Ulloa
Inter Miami have acquired the rights to Victor Ulloa, according to the Athletic.
The midfielder spent 2019 with FC Cincinnati and made 26 appearances for the first-year MLS club.
Now, he'll join David Beckham's Inter Miami project, which is set to kick off their debut campaign in 2020.
Berardi signs new Sassuolo contract
Sassuolo's 25-year-old winger Domenico Berardi, who has five caps for Italy, has signed a new five-year deal with the Serie A side taking him through to the summer of 2024.
Bazoer dismissed from Vitesse training, told manager to 'f*ck off'
Riechedly Bazoer's time at Eredivisie club Vitesse looks to be coming to an end after a heated exchange with manager Leonid Slutsky, as reported by AD.
The 23-year-old defensive midfielder, who has six caps for the Netherlands, reportedly threatened a team-mate that he would "get you in the dressing room" after an argument and, after being sent out of training, told Slutsky: "F*ck off, I don't want to play for your team".
Bazoer has previously represented Ajax and PSV, and has been linked with several Premier League clubs over the years.
Madrid want Simon as Courtois replacement
Real Madrid are running out of patience with out-of-form goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois and are targeting Athletic Bilbao's Unai Simon as a replacement, claim El Desmarque.
While Courtois put in a vital performance in Madrid's 1-0 Champions League win over Galatasaray on Tuesday night, the overall feeling is that he has not been up to standard since joining from Chelsea last summer.
Simon has impressed with Athletic this season and, at just 22 years of age, represents a viable long-term selection between the posts.
Skriniar well aware of speculation
Inter defender Milan Skriniar says he is well aware of media speculation linking him with some of the biggest clubs in the Premier League and La Liga.
While the 24-year-old says he didn't personally receive any offers, he was aware of general interest over the summer.
“Personally, I did not receive any specific offer, but there were clubs like Manchester City, Manchester United and Barcelona [written] in the media,” he told Ruhr Nachrichten.
“I feel good here, I have a very good relationship with the fans. I do not miss anything here and I play regularly – that’s crucial for me, that’s why I decided to take this step. I’m not planning to change [clubs]."
Bayern eye Nubel as Neuer successor
Bayern Munich are hoping to extend the contract of goalkeeper Manuel Neuer, according to Bild, but they already have their eyes on a successor.
The 33-year-old Neuer's current deal runs to 2021, and Bayern are reportedly hoping to extend this by another two years.
Alexander Nubel, a 23-year-old keeper at Schalke, is being monitored as a potential long-term replacement. Neuer, who was signed from Schalke himself back in 2011, has apparently been made aware of Bayern's intentions as the club don't want to go behind his back.
Chelsea urged to re-sign 'perfect' Ake
A leading scout who has played a key role at Chelsea believes the Blues should make a determined bid to re-sign Nathan Ake.
Piet de Visser, who has acted as a key advisor to Blues owner Roman Abramovich, says that he believes that the club should make a move for Ake, who left Stamford Bridge in 2017.
Juventus keeping an eye on Spurs' Parrott
Juventus are scouting Tottenham starlet Troy Parrott, reports Calcio Mercato.
Parrott scored four goals on Tuesday against Red Star Belgrade with scouts from Juventus in attendance.
The forward made his first-team debut for Tottenham in the League Cup earlier this season.
Club owned by Pique signs Shakira's nephew
Andorra FC, the club owned by Gerard Pique, has signed wife Shakira's nephew Tarik Antonio Mebarak.
The 19-year-old defender played 90 minutes for the club’s reserve side in Sunday's 4-1 win against Rialp.
Red Bulls defender Lade announces retirement
New York Red Bulls defender Connor Lade announced his retirement on Wednesday.
The Homegrown signing joined the club's academy in 2007 and went on to play eight seasons with the first team.
Lade amassed five goals and nine assists in 153 games played.
“I am so grateful to the New York Red Bulls for the past eight seasons,” said Lade on his retirement. “It was my goal to start and finish my career with this club and I feel very fortunate to do so. From the three Supporters' Shields to the numerous lifelong friendships I will always be indebted to the club that has given me so much.”
Manchester City interested in Barca and Madrid target Fabian Ruiz
Manchester City are set to battle Barcelona and Real Madrid in the race to sign Napoli star Fabian Ruiz, reports the Guardian.
The Spanish midfielder became a target of the world's elite after being recognized best player of the Under-21 European Championship last summer.
Fabian, who made his Spain debut earlier this year, has been likened to David Silva.
Napoli keen on Ibrahimovic
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has said he would be interested in signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic but the final decision lies with the player.
Ibrahimovic will become a free agent in January when his contract at LA Galaxy expires and recently talked up the possibility of returning to Serie A.
ESPN reports De Laurentiis told TV Luna: "My desire would be to see him in our jersey. It's more than just a suggestion, but it's up to him. It has been spoken about for a few months."
Monaco have option to buy Slimani
Monaco have an option to buy Leicester City’s former record signing Islam Slimani, according to Sky Sports.
They are reporting the option to buy fee is €9m (£7.5m /$10m), around a quarter of the £29m (€33.5m) paid to Sporting Lisbon for the striker in 2016.
Leicester dispute claims the figure is so low and are expecting considerably more.
Man Utd step up Maddison hunt
Manchester United are optimistic of adding James Maddison to their squad next year, according to the Manchester Evening News.
The Leicester City midfielder has impressed United with his progress since his move to The Foxes from Norwich City in June 2018.
The report claims United are continuing to track his development and he is among a minimum of four signings United want to make across the winter and summer transfer windows next year.
Rangnick on Bayern's managerial shortlist
Former RB Leipzig coach Ralph Rangnick has emerged as a managerial target for Bayern Munich, according to SportBild.
Niko Kovac is again coming under pressure at the Allianz Arena after failing to win either of the champions' last two Bundesliga matches.
Those results have left them third in the table, and Rangnick is seen as a viable replacement should the Croatian be sacked in the coming weeks.
Dortmund eye Mourinho as Favre replacement
Portuguese remains out of work since Man Utd sacking
Borussia Dortmund have set their sights on Jose Mourinho should Lucien Favre fail to get the Bundesliga outfit's season back on track.
Dortmund have struggled for consistency and currently sit fourth in the German top-flight despite being tipped to win the title by many experts this season.
And SportBild report that Mourinho is seen as a potential candidate to step in after talking up working in Germany previously.
Martinez could cost Barca €200m
Barcelona will have to pay as much as €200m (£173m /$222m) if they are to sign Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The Argentina international has developed rapidly since arriving in Serie A last season, scoring four goals in his last three games for Inter, including in the 2-1 champions League loss at Camp Nou earlier this month.
The report claims that the 22-year-old contract contains a release worth €200m, a massive increase on the €24m (£21m) that Inter paid Racing Club for him little more than a year ago.
Juventus keen on Kante
Juventus retain a keen interest in Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante, reports Calciomercato.
However they claim the Premier League side would demand £100 million (€115m /$128m) to part with the Frenchman.
Current Bianconeri boss Maurizio Sarri was greatly impressed with the 2018 World Cup winner last season during his time in charge at Stamford Bridge.
Eriksen's Real Madrid dream dashed?
Christian Eriksen's dream Real Madrid move could be dashed by the form of Federico Valverde, reports The Sun.
The Uruguay midfielder has impressed since returning from his loan at Deportivo La Coruna.
Valverde, 21,has been labelled as the natural successor to Ballon d’Or winner Luka Modric in the future.
Liverpool keen on Sancho, says Hamann
Liverpool are keen to sign Borussia Dortmund and England star Jadon Sancho next summer, according to Dietmar Hamann.
The former Champions League winner with the Reds revealed there is 'great interest' from the club in the teenage talent who has lit up the Bundesliga.
"What I hear is that Liverpool has great interest," Hamann told Sky Sports Germany. "I would imagine that next summer they could become one of the biggest interested parties," he added.
Arsenal bid for Ceballos rejected
Real Madrid have reportedly knocked back an attempt by Arsenal to sign Dani Ceballos on a permanent basis.
The Spanish midfielder is on loan with the Gunners this season and has impressed during his brief stint at the club despite often being used off the bench by Unai Emery.
According to El Desmarque, Arsenal offered in the region of £25million (€29m /$32m) in a bid to clinch a deal but it has been rejected.
Bayern in no rush to commit to Coutinho
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is in no rush to make a decision on whether to sign Philippe Coutinho permanently.
Currently on loan at the Bundesliga champions from Barcelona, Bayern have the option to make the deal permanent next summer but are yet to make a call on whether they'll activate the clause.
"We will decide when the moment arrives," Rummenigge told Kicker.
"He doesn't have the attitude of a star. He's a friendly person, popular around the club and we're really happy with the deal we managed to close."
Barca pay Atletico Madrid €15m for first refusal
Barcelona have paid €15 million for the right to be given first refusal on six Atletico Madrid players, reports AFP.
The agreement means the Catalans can match or exceed any offers Atletico receive for the six players. Of the players included in the terms, it's reported that most are from the club's academy.
It's also stressed the deal has nothing to do with recent drama surrounding the transfer of Antoine Griezmann.
Wright wants Nketiah given more game time at Leeds
Former Arsenal forward Ian Wright wants on-loan forward Eddie Nketiah handed more starts at Leeds.
The 20-year-old scored a late equaliser for Marcelo Bielsa's side on Tuesday against Preston North End after being brought on as a substitute.
Used predominantly off the bench so far this season, Wright has called for Nketiah to be given more minutes as he looks to develop.
Start him!!!!!— Ian Wright (@IanWright0) October 22, 2019
Genoa appoint Motta as new coach
Genoa have appointed former midfielder Thiago Motta as their new coach in his first senior role, it was announced on Tuesday.
Last week's 5-1 Serie A thrashing at the hands of Parma prompted 19th-placed Genoa to sack Aurelio Andreazzoli and turn to Motta.
Motta returns to Genoa, where the former Italy international spent the 2008-09 season as the club qualified for the Europa League.
Lucas Hernandez suffers serious injury in Bayern win
Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic believes Lucas Hernandez will be sidelined for "several weeks" after suffering an ankle injury in Tuesday's Champions League victory.
Hernandez was forced from the field before the hour mark in Bayern's hard-fought 3-2 win away to Olympiacos as the team's defensive crisis worsened.
Real Madrid identify Simon as Courtois successor
Real Madrid have identified 22-year-old Unai Simon as a potential replacement for Thibaut Courtois.
Courtois has come under pressure in the Spanish capital amid the club's difficult start to the season.
And El Desmarque claims Athletic Club shot stopper Simon has already caught Los Blancos' eye, but they will have to meet his €50 million (£43m/$56m) release clause.
Mandzukic lowers wage demands as Man Utd move nears
Croatian striker wants £150,000 per week
Manchester United's hopes of signing Mario Mandzukic have been given a boost, The Sun claims.
The Red Devils are back in for the striker they were unable to land in the close season as they look to enhance their attacking options in January.
Mandzukic's £300,000-per-week wage demands were holding the deal up, but the Croatia star has reportedly cut his request in half, which United can afford to pay.
AC Milan and BVB battle for Bayern youngster
AC Milan are lining up an offer for Bayern Munich centre-back Lars Lukas Mai, Calciomercato says.
The 19-year-old's contract expires at the end of the season and Milan have been keeping an eye on him.
However, they face competition from German side Borussia Dortmund - his favoured destination.
Barca ready to sell Rakitic, Alena & Puig
Barcelona are ready to offload three midfielders in January, Sport reports.
Ivan Rakitic, Carles Alena and Riqui Puig have been declared surplus to requirements for the Spanish champions and the club are ready to sell.
Rakitic is likely to head to Serie A, with Inter reportedly plotting a move, while Alena could be on the way to Tottenham.
Although Puig could be moved on, he would prefer to stay and the club are willing to keep him if Rakitic and Alena leave.
Dortmund fear Sancho exit
Relationship between club and player turning sour
Borussia Dortmund fear Jadon Sancho could be heading for an exit after the winger fell out with the club.
Sancho was suspended and fined for returning late from international duty as the club look to keep the player's attitude in check.
But reports in Germany say the club are concerned that their relationship is breaking down and that the England star could end up making an early move.
Several top clubs are said to be interested in Sancho, but the Premier League is seen as his most likely destination.