Bale rejects Bayern, only wants Premier League move
Gareth Bale has rejected an offer to join Bayern Munich, and has insisted that he will only leave Real Madrid for a Premier League club, according to Diario Gol.
The Bavarian club made a bid worth €100 million for the Wales international, but he would rather return to England, with former club Tottenham his preferred destination.
Florentino Perez may, thus, include Bale in any deal for striker Harry Kane this summer.
Mourinho signs new Man United deal
Jose Mourinho has signed a new contract with Manchester United, the club announced on Thursday.
The manager has extended his stay until at least 2020, with an option in place to remain a further year beyond that date.
Barca wanted new Bayern star Goretzka
Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge claimed that Barcelona tried to hijack their deal for Schalke youngster Leon Goretzka.
"If we had not signed Leon, he would have very likely signed for Barcelona," he said. "In general, that cannot be [good] on behalf of German football."
Stoke increase offer for Harrison
Sources tell Goal that Stoke City has made a $7 million offer for New York City FC winger Jack Harrison.
The Premier League side initially made a $4.5 million offer for the 21-year-old English star, and NYCFC is still hoping to push Harrison's value up higher before selling.
West Ham bid £12m for Norwich star
West Ham United have made a £12 million bid for Norwich City midfielder James Maddison, according to The Guardian.
The 21-year-old has been linked with several Premier League sides, with Liverpool and Tottenham also credited with an interest.
Norwich will likely reject West Ham's bid, hoping to generate a higher fee for Maddison.
Subotic joins Saint-Etienne
Neven Subotic's long association with Borussia Dortmund has come to an end after the defender agreed to join Ligue 1 side Saint-Etienne on a reported free transfer.
Subotic - whose contract was due to expire at the end of the season - had been on the books at Dortmund for just under 10 years after joining from Mainz in June 2008.
Mourinho rules out Man Utd return for Ronaldo
Jose Mourinho has poured "water on the fire" by refusing to entertain the idea that Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo could be brought back to Manchester United.
It had been suggested that the door could be opened to an emotional reunion, with the Portuguese forward now 32 years of age and caught up in the struggles currently being endured by Real.
Mourinho, though, has said on the matter: "[I'll pour] water on the fire: Cristiano is the type of player everyone wants but only one can have. That is Real Madrid, that's my feeling."
Neymar to Real rests on one condition
Paris Saint-Germain are prepared to let Neymar join Real Madrid this summer if he helps the club to Champions League success, Goal understands.
PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has promised the Brazil international that he will be granted permission to return to Spain if European glory is delivered in the French capital.
Arsenal's latest Auba bid rejected
Arsenal have seen a second approach for Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang knocked back, according to Bild.
The Gunners opened the bidding at €50 million but are yet to meet Dortmund's demands.
The Bundesliga side are looking to generate around €70m from the sale of a prized asset and will not be talked into dropping that asking price.
Lucas believes Spurs could be right move
Paris Saint-Germain attacker Lucas Moura believes a transfer to Tottenham could be the right move for him, according to Sky Sports News.
The 25-year-old has been told he can leave the Ligue 1 club, with PSG ready to sell for a fee in the region of £23 million.
Lucas has been linked with Arsenal and Manchester United, among several other European clubs.
Hammers closing on Joao Mario loan
West Ham are set to sign Joao Mario from Inter Milan in a loan deal that will be worth over £3.8 million.
The Portugal midfielder underwent a medical on Thursday, with David Moyes confirming at his press conference on Thursday that the deal will be finalised shortly.
Barcelona sign MLS teenager
Barcelona have secured the signing of 18-year-old attacker Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla from Montreal Impact of Major League Soccer.
Ballou will join Barcelona B, and has a €25 million release clause that will be bumped up to €75m should he sign an extension with the club.
Morata pushes Chelsea to sign Isco, Asensio
Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata wants the club to sign Isco and Marco Asensio from Real Madrid, a report from Diario Gol claims.
Antonio Conte is keen to reinforce his squad and Morata has spoken with two of his former team-mates over a potential move.
Isco renewed his contract mere months ago, and Morata is aware that he is unlikely to change clubs, though he believes Asensio would be open to a move, as his playing time has been limited this season.
Man Utd reject Darmian loan approach
Manchester United have knocked back a loan approach from Roma for versatile defender Matteo Darmian, reports Gazzetta dello Sport.
The Red Devils are open to parting with the Italian during the winter window, but are looking to do a permanent deal.
If no agreement is reached, then the transfer saga could rumble on into the summer - with Juventus among those keeping a close eye on the situation.
Liverpool set to sign Falkirk defender
Liverpool are set to sign Falkirk defender Tony Gallacher, report the Scottish Sun.
The 18-year-old has spent the week on trial at Anfield and Jurgen Klopp has sanctioned a bid worth £200,000, which Falkirk have accepted.
Gallacher has won caps at three Scottish youth levels - Under-16, Under-17 and Under-18.
Roma boss questions Dzeko deal
Roma boss Eusebio Di Francesco has questioned the reasoning behind the potential sale of Edin Dzeko to Chelsea, stating that he would need an explanation from the club if they were to allow their main striker to leave in the winter.
The Bosnian has been locked in talks with the Premier League outfit, with personal terms said to be holding up the finalisation of a switch to Stamford Bridge, while a deal for Giallorossi team-mate Emerson is looking close to completion.
Bayern set to sign US teen
Bayern Munich are closing in on the signing of American teenager Taylor Booth from Real Salt Lake, Kicker report.
The 16-year-old has agreed terms with the Bavarian giants, but the two clubs have yet to agree a fee for his transfer.
Madrid make huge offer for De Gea
Real Madrid are redoubling their efforts to sign David de Gea with an offer of two players and a cash payment, claims Don Balon .
The goalkeeper has long been a target at the Bernabeu, but Manchester United are reluctant to sell one of their key players.
But a bid that includes a juicy fee as well as Keylor Navas and Mateo Kovacic might just turn heads at Old Trafford.
De Bruyne: City fine without Alexis
Alexis Sanchez may have turned down Manchester City for neighbours Manchester United but Kevin De Bruyne and the runaway Premier League leaders are unfazed.
Sanchez had been tipped to join Pep Guardiola at City before the Chile international forward opted to leave Arsenal for United in a blockbuster deal.
Belgian midfielder De Bruyne – who signed a new contract through to 2023 – insisted City are fine without the former Barcelona star.
Brandt to snub Liverpool & Barca
Julian Brandt is ready to snub interest from Liverpool and Barcelona in favour of remaining at Bayer Leverkusen, claims his agent.
The highly-rated 21-year-old has drawn admiring glances from across Europe, with Bayern Munich another of those to have been linked with a big-money approach for his services.
See what Brandt's father and representative, Jurgen, has had to say on mounting transfer talk here.
Dzeko perfect after curious Crouch talk
Chelsea's search for a new striker has led them towards Roma's Edin Dzeko, but not before weighing up moves for the likes of Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch and Ashley Barnes.
The right decision appears to have eventually been reached, with a proven performer in the Premier League now firmly in the Blues' sights.
Hebei confirm Mascherano price
Hebei China Fortune have confirmed that they only paid €5.55 million for Javier Mascherano, refuting reports in Spain that the Barcelona veteran cost them €10 million.
As Goal revealed earlier this month, Manuel Pellegrini's side are reluctant to pay more than €5.77 million , which would trigger a 100 per cent levy on the payment for the transfer.
Wenger: Alexis move brought 'clarity'
Arsene Wenger believes Arsenal now have "clarity" and can regain focus after Alexis Sanchez's switch to Manchester United.
Sanchez's future had long been a hot topic, with the Chilean refusing to sign a new contract and attracting interest from both United and Manchester City .
Martinez reveals Real Madrid contact
Racing Club wonderkid Lautaro Martinez has revealed that he has received an offer from Real Madrid.
"I found out this morning about Real Madrid's offer, I couldn't believe it. There is still nothing concrete yet, though," the striker, who was close to signing with Atletico this January explained.
Martinez, however, also underlined his commitment to representing Racing in this year's Copa Libertadores, which could last until December depending on how far the club progress in the competition.
Zidane: My job is on the line against PSG
Zinedine Zidane accepted his fate will be decided by February's Champions League tie against Paris Saint-Germain after Real Madrid were dumped out of the Copa del Rey by Leganes.
Leganes are the first team in Copa history to knock out Madrid at the Bernabeu after losing at home in the first leg and with the champions 19 points behind La Liga leaders Barcelona, their chances of adding any domestic silverware to their Supercopa de Espana title look to be over.
Montreal chasing Juve star Marchisio
The Montreal Impact have emerged as the favourites to land Juventus star Claudio Marchisio this summer, according to a report from CalcioMercato .
The report states that there has already been contact between the interested parties and that the Italian side will not stand in his way should the midfielder decide to make a move.
Ballou already in Barcelona
Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla is already in Barcelona as the Spanish giants close in on his signature, according to Mundo Deportivo .
The 18-year-old Ivorian-Canadian is expected to sign with Barca B this winter, with the club's second unit fighting relegation in the Spanish Segunda Division.
Wenger happy with or without Aubameyang
Arsene Wenger suggested he is happy if Arsenal do not manage to sign Borussia Dortmund star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang before the January transfer window closes.
The Gunners have been heavily linked with Gabon international Aubameyang following the departure of Alexis Sanchez to Premier League rivals Manchester United.
Laporte wants to force City move
Aymeric Laporte is looking to force through a £57 million move to Manchester City this winter, reports the Daily Mail .
The 23-year-old defender has told Athletic Bilbao that he wants the move to happen, with City prepared to meet his release clause.
Pastore open to Inter loan
Javier Pastore is ready to join Inter on loan, with the Serie A club having an option to buy, reports Sky Sports Italia (via Football Italia ).
PSG are still resisting a move for their midfielder, with the French club wanting a large payment to let him move to Italy.
Liverpool lower Sturridge price
Liverpool have lowered their asking price for striker Daniel Sturridge, who is being chased by Inter, reports sportitalia (via insidefutbol ).
The report claims that Liverpool now want just €1 million for a loan fee, with a €20m option to buy.
Monaco looking at Slimani loan
Leicester City are working on deal that would see Islam Slimani join Monaco on loan, reports the Daily Mail .
The Algerian forward would like to stay in England, but the Foxes will only sell him to a Premier League rival if their £20 million price is met.
The Premier League side are looking to bring in a £2.6m fee for letting their forward depart on loan.
Conte content with Chelsea's plan
Antonio Conte says he has full faith in Chelsea's plan, despite elimination from the EFL Cup semi-finals at the hands of Arsenal.
"It is not right to take only one game to make a decision to understand. There is a programme and a plan," he said.
Liverpool consider Rondon
Liverpool are considering a move for West Brom striker Salomon Rondon, according to The Sun .
The Venezuela international has just 18 months left on his contract at The Hawthorns, though he is keen to remain with the Baggies.
Should Jurgen Klopp's side make their move for Rondon, they are likely to be competing for his signature with local rivals Everton, who are also keen on the former Zenit forward.
Athletic eye Monreal return
Athletic Club are weighing up a January move for Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal, according to Mundo Deportivo .
With Athletic centre-back Aymeric Laporte set to complete a €65 million move to Manchester City , the Basque outfit are set to be left short at the back.
And former Bilbao star Monreal is being targeted as a replacement alongside Real Sociedad's Inigo Martinez.
Alex Sandro is Man Utd's No.1 left-back target
Alex Sandro is Manchester United’s primary target, if Jose Mourinho decides to sign a new left-back in the summer, reports the Manchester Evening News .
Mourinho has abandoned plans to bring in a left-back in January, having also been linked with the likes of Tottenham’s Danny Rose and Celtic’s Kieran Tierney.
However, if Mourinho decides to sell Luke Shaw, who has endured a resurgence in form of late, at the end of the season, then he wants Alex Sandro from Juventus.
Chelsea have previously tried to sign Alex Sandro, but have found Juventus to be reluctant sellers amid reports the Italian champions want in excess of €60 million for the Brazilian.
Markovic to leave Liverpool for Spartak
Liverpool's Lazar Markovic is set to end an unhappy stay at Anfield with a move to Spartak Moscow, reports the Liverpool Echo .
The Serbia international has become a forgotten man, barely featuring under Jurgen Klopp.
And the Russian club are ready to hand him a lifeline with a permanent deal in the current transfer window.