Wolverhampton Wanderers v Aston Villa Betting: Free-scoring visitors looking to make it nine unbeaten

Comments()
Steve Bruce’s Villans could continue their impressive goal-scoring form in the Championship this weekend when they face Nuno’s Wolves on Saturday

Molineux hosts a clash of in-form Midlanders in Saturday’s teatime kick-off, as Wolverhampton Wanderers and Aston Villa both hope to strengthen their promotion credentials.

The home side are targeting their eighth league win of the season, but to get it, they must breach a Villa side unbeaten in eight.

Steve Bruce’s men face arguably their biggest test since that run began and are 13/5 (3.60) with dabblebet to overcome it with a fifth consecutive victory.

John Terry Aston Villa

A draw is 23/10 (3.30) while Wolves are 11/10 (2.05) favourites to take the three points that would ensure they retain their place in the Championship’s top two.

Although Nuno's side are in good form, the best value could be found elsewhere as his troops have taken just one point from three games against top 10 opposition whilst conceding seven goals.

The wing play of Albert Adomah, 16/5 (4.20) for his fifth goal in five, could be key for Villa, as might the dead ball proficiency of Conor Hourihane, 17/4 (5.25) for his sixth of the campaign. Villa’s attack has been bolstered by the return from injury of Jonathan Kodjia and the individualistic Ivorian is quoted at 2/1 (3.0) to bag a goal.

Wolves Aston Villa  graphic

Their unbeaten streak continuing with a win or a draw is 7/10 (1.70) and they have the right tools to worry this Wolves defence; the Villans have scored 10 in their last four yet are 23/10 (3.30) to score over 1.5 goals - odds which imply a probability of 30.8% yet that eventuality, or Wolves conceding two or more, has happened in 36.4% of games involving either side this term.

Wolves pose a threat themselves, chiefly through Diogo Jota, who hit five in six September starts and is 13/8 (2.63) to strike again, whilst Bright Enobakhare is priced at 2/1 (3.0) and second-top scorer Brazilian Leo Bonatini is offered at 9/2 (5.50) to net the final goal, as he did at Burton last time out.

Backing a high-scoring encounter could pay off as 55% of the games involving either side have seen over 2.5 goals, yet the 11/10 (2.10) on offer for a repeat suggests a probability of 45%.

Both over 2.5 goals and a Villa win can be backed at 11/2 (6.50), when three of the away side’s five victories have seen three or more goals.

Betting Banner - Best Bet

Aston Villa to score over 1.5 goals 23/10 (3.30) for a 1pt stake with dabblebet

dabblebet new customer promo up to £25 footer

Next article:
Mexico players eager for new manager to be named
Next article:
Deschamps praises Griezmann's 'amazing spirit' following Giroud gesture
Next article:
'I was waiting for it' - Icardi thrilled to break 'ugly' Argentina scoring drought
Next article:
Farewell Tuca! Ferretti's interim spell with Mexico comes to an end, and not a minute too soon
Next article:
Argentina 2 Mexico 0: Icardi, Dybala score first international goals
Close