Speaking to Goal, the youthful coach said that he will make the tough decision after monitoring all the players called-up for the assignment. The Stars travel to Freetown, the capital of Sierra Leone, for a crunch first leg Afcon tie on June 10, and with a large squad at his disposal, the competition is bound to be fierce.
Over 17 locally based players are currently in camp and they will be joined by 13 foreign-based counterparts, who have been considered for the assignment. "We can only take 20 but I haven't decided, who they will be. I have to monitor everyone," he said, adding."So far everything is okay because there are no injuries."
With 13 foreign-based players in his roster, a number of locally based players may be given the purge before the team departs. Burly skipper Victor Wanyama and South African-based duo of Brian Mandela and Joseph Okumu are the only foreign legion, who have joined camp though Okumbi is bullish of having a full house by close of business on Monday.
He said: "All of them should be here because we've not received excuses from any of them."
Harambee Stars have perennially been bridesmaids in the Afcon campaign, failing to make an appearance in the finals since 2004, and it's something Okumbi will be keen to change.