Newcastle, Valencia and Villarreal in for Galatasaray's Rodrigues
Galatasray winger Garry Rodrigues is drawing interest from Newcastle, Valencia and Villarreal accordingto Hurriyet.
The Cape Verde international joined the Turkish club in January 2017, and, after scoirng nine goals a season ago, has scored two in six matches to start the current campaign.
Internationally, Rodrigues, who previously featured for PAOK and Elche, has scored four goals in 10 matches for Cape Verde.
'Selfish' Alexis wasn't needed for Man Utd - Giggs
Ryan Giggs once again took aim at the way Manchester United has been run, criticizing the club's decision to sign Alexis Sanchez.
The former Man Utd star says the Chilean was never someone the club needed, and, with the club enduring a frustrating start, Scholes says it was down to Jose Mourinho to spend better.
Ndombele emerges as PSG target should Wenger accept role
If Arsene Wenger were to take a role with PSG, the former Arsenal boss would target Tanguy Ndombele according to the Express.
Wenger has already spoken to Thomas Tuchel about the Lyon midfielder who, at just 21, would fit into the manager's policy of bringing in younger players.
Ndombele has also emerged as a target for Tottenham in recent months with Lyon rejecting an offer from the Premier League club over the summer.
Montolivo close to joining Berlusconi and Galliani at Monza
AC Milan midfielder Ricardo Montolivo is nearing a move to Serie C side Monza, according to CalcioMercato.
Montolivo's current contract is set to expire in June, and the midfielder could wait and see if the club can earn promotion to Serie B before making a commitment.
The move would see Montolivo reunite with Silvio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani, who he previously worked under during their time at Milan.
Spurs monitoring Ake
Tottenham have joined the list of clubs keeping an eye on Nathan Ake, according to Sky Sports.
The club is in desperate need of homegrown players after being forced to name a lighter squad to start the season, and Ake would qualify after coming up through the Chelsea system.
With Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld out of contract this summer, Ake would fill a number of holes, although the club faces major competition for the defender from Chelsea and Manhcester United.
Brentford appoints Frank following Smith's move to Villa
Brentford has appointed Thomas Frank as the club's new manager.
The club announced the move on Tuesday following Dean Smith's departure to take over for Steve Bruce at Aston Villa.
Frank was previously an assistant coach for the past two season and was previously manager at Bondby in his native Denmark.
Bournemouth plan contract talks with Fraser
Bournemouth are planning to begin contract talks with Ryan Fraser, according to the Sun.
The Scottish winger has fired three goals with three asissts to start the Premier League season, but only has 18 months left on his current deal.
Franser was signed from Aberdeen in 2013 when the Cherries were still in League One, but has truly broken through this season, prompting the club to look to tie him down with a new contract.
Former Everton striker Anichebe a target for Rapids
Victor Anichebe has been training with the Colorado Rapids, according to Pro Soccer USA.
The former Everton forward has been training with the club since late September as the Rapids set their sights on acquiring a new starting forward for next season.
Anichebe most recently played for Beijing Enterprises in the Chinese second division, scoring two goals in 11 appearances before departing due to a match-fixing scandal.
Man City step up pursuit of de Jong
Manchester City is ready to step up in the pursuit of Frenkie de Jong, according to the Sun.
With Ajax reluctant to sell, Man City is looking to work out a deal to buy the midfielder in January and then loan him back to the Eredivisie club.
Ajax are also requesting Ilkay Gundogan as part of any deal, but Pep Guardiola isn't looking to part ways with the German midfielder.
Man City face plenty of competition as well with Barcelona and PSG also said to be interested in the Dutch star.
Inter close door on Malcolm move
Inter Milan have closed the door on a move for Barcelona's Malcolm, according to CalcioNews24.
With playing time at Barcelona hard to come by, the Brazilian is said to be looking at an escape route in Italy after Roma nearly signed the winger over the summer.
However, Inter are not interested due to the club's current wealth of wingers and the front office's distrust of the player following the incident with Roma.
Juve wants new contract for Kean
Juventus is looking to sign record-breaking frontman Moise Kean to a new deal.
The 18-year-old forward, who was the first player born in the 21st century to make his debut in one of Europe’s top five divisions, is currently on a deal through 2020.
Arsenal to fight Inter & AC Milan for Barella
Italian sides lead the race for midfielder
Arsenal are keeping track of Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella, but face competition from Inter and AC Milan in the race to sign him, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
The 21-year-old's bright performances in Serie A have convinced the San Siro clubs to advance on their interest and have already approached Cagliari, but the Gunners have also scouted him and are aware of his ability.
However, he is expected to cost upwards of €40 million and Cagliari are not eager to sell him in January, which may give Arsenal time to decide if he is the right man to replace Aaron Ramsey.
Napoli back in for Atletico defender Arias
Napoli are considering reigniting their interest in Atletico Madrid full-back Santiago Arias in January, Corriere dello Sport claims.
The Italian side wanted the Colombia international before he left PSV in the summer but he opted to join Diego Simeone's team.
Arias has struggled for playing time in Spain, though, and as Napoli's hunt for another right-back continues, they could offer him a way out in the next transfer window.
Kompany hoping for new Man City deal
Vincent Kompany is still hoping to extend his stay at Manchester City but insists there is no pressure on the club to offer him fresh terms at this stage.
The long-serving defender is into the final year of his current deal with the Premier League champions.
Mourinho wants new deals for Man Utd duo
Jose Mourinho has informed the Manchester United board that he wants new contracts tied up for Juan Mata and Ander Herrera, reports the Evening Standard.
Both men are set to see their current deals at Old Trafford expire at the end of the current campaign.
Ibrahimovic mulling over Milan offer
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has an offer from AC Milan, reports Calciomercato, and is now weighing up his options.
The Rossoneri are convinced they have the finances to do a deal, but they are unable to offer a man currently turning out for MLS side the LA Galaxy any guarantees that he will be first choice at San Siro.
Pato refusing to rule out AC Milan return
Alexandre Pato has admitted to receiving “some offers from Serie A teams” during his time at Tianjin Quanjian and has refused to rule out a possible return to AC Milan.
He told Corriere dello Sport: “I have a year on my contract here in China and we’ll see what happens.”
Arsenal & PSG offered Partey hope
Thomas Partey is considering a January move away from Atletico Madrid, according to Marca.
The Ghana international midfielder has seen his game time limited this season and could be about to open the door to suitors such as Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain.
Juventus prepared to pay €50m for De Ligt
Juventus have joined Barcelona in the hunt for Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt, according to Tuttosport.
The Serie A giants are determined to get their man and are prepared to meet a €50 million (£44m/$58m) asking price for the Netherlands international.
Celtic ready to sell Boyata
Celtic are ready to cut ties with Dedryck Boyata and offload the defender in January, according to Het Laatste Nieuws.
The former Manchester City defender's contract expires at the end of the season but he is unlikely to renew his deal with the Scottish side.
Celtic, then, are likely to try to get some money for him after realising an extension is not going to happen.
Barca consider shock move for Ivanovic
Ex-Chelsea star wanted to boost defence
Barcelona are considering Branislav Ivanovic as a potential January signing to strengthen their defence, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The Catalan side want to add another defender to their ranks following injuries to Thomas Vermaelen and Samuel Umtiti but will have to wait until the close season before they turn to top target Matthijs de Ligt.
Instead, the Primera Division champions want a more experienced option and see ex-Chelsea and current Zenit star Ivanovic, 34, as one possibility. Getafe player Djene Dakoma and 21-year-old Athletic Club centre-back Unai Nunez are also being considered.
Man Utd target Maier happy at Hertha
Arne Maier says he is "living the dream" at Hertha Berlin despite recent links to Manchester United and Arsenal.
The 19-year-old midfielder has played every minute of Bundesliga football this campaign and is earning a lot of praise for his performances.
Having already been the subject of interest from the likes of United, Arsenal and Ajax, big things are expected of Maier, but he does not seem to be in a rush to leave Germany any time soon.
Draxler urged to leave PSG
Julian Draxler has “not reached his full performance level by a long shot”, according to his former youth coach at Schalke, with it suggested that he needs a move away from Paris Saint-Germain.
Dirk Reimolle told Spox: “For their development, it may even be better if players like Julian or Mario [Gotze] do not play in a top European team, but in a team that depends on them and is unsuccessful without them.”
Di Maria ready to make Premier League return
Former Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria is open to returning to the Premier League from Paris Saint-Germain, reports the Mirror.
The Argentina international left Old Trafford in 2015 after just one season in England, but he is prepared to try his luck again at a top club.
Tottenham want Howe to succeed Pochettino
Tottenham have made Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe their preferred option to replace Mauricio Pochettino if the Argentine moves on, claims The Telegraph.
Pochettino has been linked with Real Madrid in the past and is now being mooted as a possible successor to Jose Mourinho at Manchester United.
Man City have Sancho buy-back option
Manchester City do have first refusal on Jadon Sancho if the 18-year-old ever leaves Borussia Dortmund, reports the Manchester Evening News.
The promising winger, who left the Etihad Stadium for Germany in the summer of 2017, is already generating talk of £100 million ($131m) moves after breaking into the senior England squad.
Chelsea have right of first refusal for Ake
Chelsea have the right of first refusal when it comes to a potential transfer for defender Nathan Ake, according to the Telegraph.
Tottenham and Manchester United are said to be interested in the Dutch defender, who made a £20 million move to Bournemouth from Chelsea in 2017.
Now, Chelsea would have an option of signing Ake for £40m as part of a gentleman's agreement between the two clubs.
Kaka tips Pacqueta for big future amid Milan links
Kaka has tipped fellow Brazilian Lucas Pacqueta for a bright future amid links to AC Milan.
The Serie A club "basic agreement" with Flamengo to bring the attacking midfielder to Milan in January.
New Villa boss Smith to receive funds for January window
Aston Villa will back new boss Dean Smith with funds for the January window.
Chief executive Christian Purslow admitted that managing Financial Fair Play will still be a focus for the club, but Villa will be expected to hit the market during the winter.
“It changes nothing," Purslow said, according to Express and Star. "We are determined to support our new management team in improving this squad where needing to do so and can easily do so with the financial resources within the rules.”
Bolt earns contract offer from Maltese champions
Maltese champions Valletta have offered Usain Bolt a contract.
The Jamaican scored twice for Central Coast Mariners in a trial match over the weekend.
River double Palacios release clause as Inter, Atletico mull move
River Plate have doubled the release clause of Exequiel Palacios as Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid mull a move, according to Ole.
The club owns 70 per cent of the player's rights, with Palacios, his agent Renato Corsi and Marcelo Carracedo owning the rest.
The 20-year old midfielder has played seven league matches and seven Copa Libertadores matches this season, scoring two goals.
Barca join Alderweireld hunt
Manchester United will face competition for the Tottenham defender
Barcelona are joining Manchester United in the hunt for Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld according to the Mirror.
The La Liga champions are hoping to land Matthijs de Ligt for their backline, but now believe a midseason move for the Ajax man is impossible.
But Spurs are more likely to be willing to part with Alderweireld, as the defender's deal runs down this summer and should Tottenham exercise their one-year option, a £25 million (€28m/$33m) release clause can be triggered in the final two weeks of the summer window.
Low could be sacked if Germany lose
Germany boss Joachim Low could face the sack if his side lose to reigning World Cup champions France in the Nations League, reports Bild.
Following a shock group stage exit in the World Cup and a winless start to the Nations League, Low faces three possibilities depending on the outcome of Tuesday's match.
A win or draw should see him continue on but a loss will put him on the brink of the sack with a heavy defeat to Les Bleus likely signalling the end of Low's tenure.
Modric was stunned by Zidane and Ronaldo departures
Luka Modric admits he “wasn’t expecting” Cristiano Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane to leave Real Madrid during a summer of much change at the Santiago Bernabeu.
The 2017-18 campaign finished on a high note for the Blancos as they savoured a third successive Champions League triumph but saw Zidane and Ronaldo both make their exits from the club.
While Modric himself was heavily linked to an exit to Inter in the summer, the Croatia star remained and admits to having been left stunned by the departure of a legendary boss and five-time Ballon d’Or winner.
Southampton, Cardiff, Palace after Dzeko
Edin Dzeko wants a Premier League return with Southampton, Cardiff and Crystal Palace alerted to that desire, reports the Mirror.
The former Manchester City striker has voiced a desire to return to England, though he was unable to complete a move to Chelsea last winter.
The three Premier Leaue clubs all view the Roma striker as a potential answer to their scoring woes.
Ramsey open to top-six Premier League teams
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey is willing to join another top-six side in the Premier League if he leaves on free, according to ESPN.
The 27-year-old Wales international's contract ends in the summer and is unlikely to sign a new deal with the Gunners.
Ramsey is willing to join one of Arsenal's rivals if he does depart, though while Manchester United and Chelsea are interested, Liverpool are not.